Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

Do not deal with...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
danielo
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you trust someone you have never met in person,and know nothing about except what he has told you??? Have you requested he send them back?? You could hire an attorney and file a law suit aganist him,but that would only cost you more money,and in the end if you won all you would get would be a judgement.Me thinks you have learned a lesson he hard way.Never let something leave your possision whitout recieving payment for it. But i guess you already know that now.Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

let's all go visit him saturday

Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe everyone must keep in mind that trust is a two way street. When you buy something online and send payment, you trust the item will be sent. If you happen to send the part first, you trust the money will be sent. Basically, someone has to take the first step.

I just wish people would not request/bid on items that they do not have the means to pay for.

Hopefully this matter will be cleared up, 200 dollars is 200 dollars. I am sure that you would like to use that money to buy something else for your own ride.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

road trip

Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

My word is my life no morals anymore that sucks just cant fathom some one doing that

Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Twist n Smoke
Cruiser

Thanks for all the support. It sucks that someone would tell you I will "buy" these from you knowing dam well that they do not have the money to do so. Yeah it's only 200 bucks but that was going to go towards a set of cyclesmiths. I do not think that posting his address is a wise idea just from the post from Mastery's ordeal. Hope he gets that S.O.B. too. BTW I sent him another e-mail with the link to this post so hopefully he will pull his head out.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 AM
celticgent
Road Master

Sucks that Paypal charges you so much, because it's really the only safe way besides cash to get paid.

I am ALWAYS worried about checks and MOs. Even if you DO get them, I've read that if you try to cash one with insufficient funds your own bank charges YOU a huge fee. Then with Money Orders there are so many counterfiet ones that you could cash it and not know until later that you've been stung...when the bank sends it in and finds out it's fake.

SUCKS!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Twist n Smoke
Cruiser

Update. Well it looks like the power of the forum wins again. Andre has paid up .
Thanks to all of you for your support and in aiding me to get my money from this guy. You guys did in 3 days what I have been trying to do in 5 months. CHEERS!
Again THANK YOU and have a good weekend.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad that you got your money, and apparently this forum "shamed him into paying up", but if I were an administrator of this site, I'd still ban him. I've heard all of that "you should have known better than to ship them prior to receiving money", and it's all true, but this is a BIKER WEB-SITE, not e-bay or Craig's list. We're all supposed to be brothers here and you don't do a brother that way. I still say "F" him.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I'm glad that you got your money, and apparently this forum "shamed him into paying up", but if I were an administrator of this site, I'd still ban him. I've heard all of that "you should have known better than to ship them prior to receiving money", and it's all true, but this is a BIKER WEB-SITE, not e-bay or Craig's list. We're all supposed to be brothers here and you don't do a brother that way. I still say "F" him.
The guy paid up, I do agree it wasn't timely at all and should have been paid sooner, if he had not paid then he probably would have been banned for sure and Twist n Smoke would still be taking legal action.

It's up to Terry1955 to ban or not in these situations, as said before and I'll say it again buyer beware, yes someone has to send either money or parts first, it's an honor code or moral standard, not all folks do what they say they will, it is the internet and with the economy like it is, scammers are abundant.

Twist n Smoke, glad you got your money, now lets get back to riding Harley's, maybe it won't rain this coming weekend!!!