Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

DEMONS CYCLE JUNK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
hippybilly
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Demon Cycle Junk!!!

I joined this forum for the specific of addressing the Demon Cycle Junk thing. As with any company, sometimes things aren't gona go exactly perfect and I think the ones of you who have had bad experiences just happen to fall in that category, plus may have a bit of a temper problem or had a bad day the day your bad experience happened. When I go to buy something on the internet, I study and research different business, check prices and things like free shipping, etc. When I typed in DEMON CYCLE and clicked enter, right in front of my eyes was DEMON JUNK!!! At first glance I thought "Boy, I don't want to do business with these guys if they got they're so bad they got their own website about how bad they are. Then I got to checking and reading and then went to Ebay and saw that they had a 99% positive human encounter rating and it changed my mind. Not only did they have the best prices on what I was needing, they had free shipping. I'm building a trike and I'll be the first to say that it's a new thing for me and I'm a dumbass when it came to all the things that were involved in putting one together. Mine's half bike and half Volkswagen. I know old Chevy's but not a thing about Volkswagens or Harleys. So, when you don't know something, you ask questions from someone who does. They have their own chat thing on their site for dumbasses just like me and all my question were answered in a matter of seconds. Believe me I asked them a lot too. Each time they knew the answer and told me what I needed to know or pointed me in the right direction. I put my order together and it was right at $1000 for 7 items and the prices were the best I found anywhere, plus again, free shipping and no sales tax. One of the items I ordered was a pair of ape hanger handlebars. About 15 minutes or so after I placed my order I got an email from a guy named Al that works there putting the orders together. He told me that he was putting my order together and he noticed that I ordered a pair of ape hanger handlebars and was wondering if they were for the inverted front end I'd also ordered and if they were that they would not work with that particular front end. Told me to get a hold of him and let him know if I'd chosen the wrong handlebars or wheather to go ahead and send what I had ordered. I had ordered the wrong ones and it was clearly my dumbass that did it. He recommended the correct ones and I went with what he recommended. I thought to myself. There's nothing wrong with this company if a guy that puts orders together is smart enough to know that I messed up. I thanked AL and then wrote his boss and told him I thought AL was a fine employee and deserved a pat on the back for the heads up on me choosing the wrong handle bars. That's somebody that gives a **** about what they're doing and somebody with experience at work. He could have let things go and let me find out on down the road that I picked the wrong set up but he chose to make sure and get it right the first time. I also asked other questions from another guy there named Tom and got my answers right away within 15 minutes or less. I think a lot of us are stressed out or maybe jump the gun when something doesn't go our way and often quick to point the finger at someone else. I'm sure if that one guy got a pair of bent handlebars that they didn't do it on purpose. They run a business and if you dont take care of your customers you're not gona have any business. I haven't had anything but good luck from Demon Cycle and would recommend them to anybody. They didn't get that 99% positive rating on ebay from putting the screws to everyone under the sun and that's the highest rating on there that any BIG company has and would be hard to do taking into account the massive amount of business they do. Doing that much business there's bound to be several pairs of bent handle bars or scratched this and that but they must have corrected the situation in order to maintain that 99% positive feedback. I got my free shipping order in 3 days. They're in Florida and I live in Missori. That's friggin fast for free shipping. I order alot of SB Chevy parts and I've had companies that were in the next state over not get my stuff to me that quick. Demon Cycle has my vote and I think them and their employees are a dam fine organization and care about what they do and sell.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 AM
ezrider327
Intermediate

LOL got to love when it starts " I joined this forum for the specific of addressing the Demon Cycle Junk thing"

Glad you had a good experience ( so far ) MOST do not. Don't always believe an Ebay rating either. The people at Demons try to force pos feedback upon the buyer in order to have them fix what they screwed up. I bought a new set of pipes that a 4 x 3 inch area of chrome just FELL OFF and the manufacturer was more than willing to replace them but I had to do it through Demons who told me to screw off.
Demons told me the only way I was going to get my money back was to leave them POSITIVE feedback? WHY ? they sold me a defective item that the manufacturer was willing to replace but Demons would not even so much as verify that they were bought from them when I three-wayed the call to them ?

Hope you never have a problem with your parts - there is ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT AFTER THE PURCHASE even the manufacturer's rep told me "good luck those guy NEVER help anyone with a problem" when he found out where I bought them .

Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 AM
h311r47
3rd Gear
Default My thoughts...

I have been following this thread for a long time, but have largely remained quiet. I dealt with Demons Cycles (under their alternate name chop-pino) a couple of years back. I ordered a new primary cover for my bike and received it with flaking chrome. I contacted the seller, who said I should send it back and they would replace it. So, I spent another $20 shipping it back. Demons Cycles then did nothing for the next two weeks, and I had to make repeated inquiries to get any word back. Finally, I was told they would not be replacing my cover, and that I would either need to pay for return shipping (again) or they would be keeping the cover. I filed a claim with paypal requesting ONLY the cost of the item, which was granted. Demons Cycles then filed a claim with ebay indicating I never paid for the item, thus preventing me from leaving feedback. Demons Cycles then seized the opportunity to hurl insults at me, my intelligence, my abilities, my bike, etc. For the record, I was putting together a Sportster Springer.

I purchased from them because they had a high feedback rating. However, through this process, I realized they hold the buyer captive with practices such as refusal of refund or ebay claims. As it were, I was stuck in an upaid item dispute until such time as my ability to leave feedback expired. I'm sure the majority of transactions go well, but the fact that Demons Cycles treats the customers like utter s**t when things go wrong is what really bothers me. I worked in retail for a long time, and I'd be lying if I said I never was rude with a customer. However, this was always in response to being attacked or insulted by a customer, and the communications had moved past the point of humble resolution. Being insulting off the bat is no way to win repeat business.

And here is where I truly take offense. I don't jump the gun on things. I'm not rude. I don't have a temper. I know what I'm talking about. In the few instances I have had problems with sellers, I've given them the opportunity to resolve the problem. I always give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as they give me reason to think otherwise. In the case of Demons Cycles, I was met with immediate insults and strong-arm tactics.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:37 AM
h311r47
3rd Gear
Default In closing...

Bad shopping experiences happen. However, for the seller, it's a chance to prove their muster and earn a lifelong customer. Nothing impresses me more than a business that does everything in its power to make things right. If you do that for me, I'll make sure I only buy from you. But when the business is clearly in error, refuses to make things right, and treats their customers like trash, they get customers who will do everything in their power to convince others to stay away from them.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:51 AM
NewYorkHobo
Novice

I think its time that all of us that got screwed by these guys buy at least one item from them on ebay or more and DONT PAY for it !!! i repeat dont pay for it !! wait a week leave negitive feedback . start a claim item not recieved tell ebay you sent a check or money order (hee hee hee) when Demons starts a unpaid item claim say you paid, and Demons is just trying to get out ebay fees !! i use to be a powerseller and trust me this will cost them alot of time and money also sellers can no longer leave negitive feedback!!!! so they can do nothing to you !!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 AM
WILLYSHINY
Banned

This may work for a short time but ebay can track replies and responses and see previous conversations . Your claim will probably be rejected in a short time - but It will drive those jerks at Demons nuts.
You can also take a photo of your Demons junk and list it on ebay for sale - stating where you got it. Demons will file a complaint and ebay will remove your listing in a short time - but it is another way to get the word out on these low life jerks .

Old 06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
h311r47
3rd Gear
Default ebay policy...

Ebay was more than happy to allow an unpaid item claim against me despite the fact I paid through PayPal, which is owned by ebay. They also refused to review the messages left by Demons Cycles. Also, as I've previously mentioned here, Demons Cycles has also engaged in shill bidding in the past.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
2KSport
Cruiser

Thanks for the heads up, I was mins.away from buying a set of grips from them at there online store. Lucky for me I decided to cruise the forum to see whats happining and saw this thread.My money stays in my pocket.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

id bought something from these guys last year, they sipped the wrong part. I had to be EXTREAMLY persistant to get my $ back, I had to pay to ship it back, but at least I got some of my $ back, which is better than nothing. its very true what is being said about the ransom for positive feed back. they said they would refund my $ only when I left the feed back, I said ill leave the feed back when I get my $ back, it took a few weeks and many many phone calls to rude customer service, but I got my $ back minus what I paid to ship it back. I didnt leave any feedback after it was all said and done, and they didnt leave any feed back on me either, felt like a mutual cut your losses, walk away and F/U.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
hasselme0
Novice

I have been following this post because they screwed me sometime ago I thought I would see if I could complain to the BBB in Florida. Strange that there was nothing under the name Demons Cycle. It due time that the legal system looks at there practice.

Quick Reply: DEMONS CYCLE JUNK!!!