General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Will Fuelpak void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 AM
bobby5
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Fuelpak void warranty?

I put a fuelpak on my bike and now my auto turn signals wont work, and that red key light stays on. I was gonna bring my bike to the dealer and have them take off the fuelpak and have them tune my bike. Will i have to pay for them to fix the problems with my turn signals and red key light or will my warranty cover it?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will Fuelpak void warranty?

Thats really odd, did you program the fuel pak yourself or have the dealer do it? Sounds like the wrong values were entered into the computer. I'd call vance and hines and get the exact program for your setup from them, then go in and do it yourself, that way you know it was done correctly. It will take longer to get the cover off to reach your fuel pak, then it will to program practically.

But in answer to your question, the fuel pak takes the signals from your bike and alters them to the settings V&H thinks is the most optimal settings for a highflow air intake and exhaust. It essentially fools the bike into thinking its doing something its really not. You can remove the fuel pak, and your bike will be back to bone stock programming, as the fuel pak doesn't touch those settings in anyway. So if you take the fuel pak off prior to taking the bike to the dealer, then it would fall under warranty as the dealer or the HD rep wouldn't be able to tell the wiser because the mapping will not have been changed in any way.

I've got the thing on my '07 Ultra and I couldn't be happier with it, the thing just absolutely rocks. Like I said call Vance and Hines up, and they'll be more than happy to help you straighten things out.