General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005 | 10:59 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Default RE: Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock

ORIGINAL: Tn.Heritage

That's great unclestoolie,sound's like your soon to be in the saddle,what a great feeling. I guess though I don't understand why you guy's are having to order bike's because the stealer's around here are full,I mean full. I guess they may ship bike's to their largest dealer's first,or maybe I don't have a clue.[8D]
The southeast gets their new bikes in around year end, Dec., while the north gets theirs closer to spring (info from manager of dealership). It has something to do with HD marketing, perhaps the different in climates also. Anyway, congrats on the info, and good luck with the rest of the process. Is it a regular springer, or heritage springer? I could definately go for a heritage springer, ,,,, maybe the wife will want to trade the sportster for one in the future.

Old 01-07-2005 | 11:08 PM
unclestoolie
|
Advanced

[quote]ORIGINAL: Sincecrazy

ORIGINAL: Tn.Heritage

Is it a regular springer, or heritage springer? I could definately go for a heritage springer, ,,,, maybe the wife will want to trade the sportster for one in the future.
FXSTSI, Springer Softail

Old 01-08-2005 | 12:54 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

Is it a regular springer, or heritage springer? I could definately go for a heritage springer, ,,,, maybe the wife will want to trade the sportster for one in the future.
The Heritage Springer isn't made any longer.

Old 01-08-2005 | 03:24 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

The heritage springer isnt made anymore
So is the deluxe to take its place? Even still I didnt say I had to buy a new one.

Old 01-08-2005 | 03:45 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

I understand Guy's what your saying,I was just curious. Well as far for the color's though these dealer's have everything in stock now,but I guess I just wasn't thinking about the why,sorry.[sm=innoc.gif]

Old 01-08-2005 | 04:12 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

The Deluxe was conceived as a paean to the '50s HDs. It was also made for shorter riders, and to appeal to women riders since they are generally shorter than us male blozos. I think it is one of the best looking bikes HD has ever made, especially in the two-tone paint schemes. My personal favorite of the new bikes is the Springer Classic, two-tone black and red. Now if they'd make it with a plunger solo seat, foot clutch, & hand shift, I might be persuaded to make a purchase.

Old 01-08-2005 | 05:29 PM
RandyD
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: pococj

The Deluxe was conceived as a paean to the '50s HDs.
pococj,

I don't know about anyone else but I had to look paean up in the dictionary....thanks for stretching my brain a little. I agree that the Deluxe looks great, I'm getting black and white two-tone. And yes I am short.

Randy

Old 01-09-2005 | 03:05 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

I thought it was a typo...now I gotta go look it up...