General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

I need some advice on a seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
NickJonesReno
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need some advice on a seat

I recently switched my suspension in the rear to rigid struts. Read online that the struts are awesome, but Id want to switch to a large spring seat to compensate for the rigidity of the struts. I was down for that until I just got a GF. She doesnt have a car, and my motorcycle is my only source of transportation. So Now Im wondering, what kind of seat I can get for her as a passenger. Im wondering if itll look weird with me having a springer seat, with a passenger seat behind it. Im a little lost as far as what options I have. If any of you guys could send me some pictures for ideas, or links to a website I can find a passenger seat, and also tell me what you think, will it look stupid or wrong with a passenger seat behind a bad *** springer seat?

Thanks a bunch everybody.

Nick

Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Nick, while you may like struts, your GF won't regardless of what you provide in the way of a seat! If you want the lady to ride with you more than once then put decent shocks on it, plus a plush comfy seat. You can fit the spring seat and struts while you ride solo, but don't ask GF to ride with struts. There is nothing you can do to make life comfortable for her IMHO.