General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

? Tank removal on a FI RK ? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
CardsFanOne
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? Tank removal on a FI RK ? HELP

I'm needing to remove my tank, but this is my first FIbike, so I'm at a loss. I here that you have to take the pressure out of the fuel line and remove the FI something or other.On my carbed bikeI didn't have to drain the tank to removeit, do I have to on th FI RK.Any info would be great.

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/23295/FFE30FBCF71942E3867675EA30B277BD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: ? Tank removal on a FI RK ? HELP

I haven't pulled a Road King tank, but I have pulled an Electraglide"s. They are very similiar, although you may have some additional wiring for the console. As far as the tank itself, you have a quick disconnect wherethe petcock would be, push the coupling up and pull down. You also have a cross over line at the bottom front that you will need to disconnect. Use a pair of vise grips or something to stop the fuel from flowing out and snip the factory hose clamp, you can install a regular automotive style hose clamp later. Remove yor console and lift it off. If you need to remove the Fuel pump assembly inside the tank, it is a little tricky and requires a little patience but it does come out. Good luck and put a service manual on your list of things to buy.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 PM
CardsFanOne
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ? Tank removal on a FI RK ? HELP

Have a manual, some times it is better to here it from someone how has done it before. Things sometimes don't work out like the manuals say they should. Thanks for the onfo.

ORIGINAL: Tailbreaker

I haven't pulled a Road King tank, but I have pulled an Electraglide"s. They are very similiar, although you may have some additional wiring for the console. As far as the tank itself, you have a quick disconnect wherethe petcock would be, push the coupling up and pull down. You also have a cross over line at the bottom front that you will need to disconnect. Use a pair of vise grips or something to stop the fuel from flowing out and snip the factory hose clamp, you can install a regular automotive style hose clamp later. Remove yor console and lift it off. If you need to remove the Fuel pump assembly inside the tank, it is a little tricky and requires a little patience but it does come out. Good luck and put a service manual on your list of things to buy.