General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Knob Install Cruise Radio Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
OdieHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** Install Cruise Radio Control

Alright, I've tried searchin' but haven't been able to find anything. If someone knows that there is another thread somewhere else please let me know.

This is the third switch **** I've lost and bought. I'm tired of them coming loose and falling off. With that said I've got to ask. What is the correct way to install one of the handlebar control switch *****. I want to ensure I'm installing it correctly but how is that damn little piece of copper supposed to be used. The **** has a "T" cut into it and the piece of copper is rectangular and semi curved. So, my questions are.....

1. Is the piece of copper installed on the Vertical or the Horizontal slit?

2. Is the rounded part of the piece of copper supposed to be toward the switch pin or away from it?

3. Where is the switch pin installed? The intersection of the "T"?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM
rickydog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dam thats what their for.....bought an aftermarket wire kit and they fell out the bag...didnt know til now,well should say understand more at this point..like to know how and why they work..had to force the new ***** on pretty tough thing to get on .think i might of damage something while forcing them on, herd something crack...havent powered up yet so dont know if i screwed up..i had such a hard time to get them on all the way i dont see any room for those spacers...let me know what you find out,,,thanks,,rickydog