General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Rinehart True Dual Baffles...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
08COPPERHEAD
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart True Dual Baffles...

Hello All,

I bought my 08 FLHTCU and it already had the Rinehart True Dual exhaust system on it. I have no idea if I have the quiet baffles or the high flow version, I want to make it louder but not sure where to begin. At idle it sounds quiet compared to my buddies Big Dog Ridgeback , but if you put your leg in front of a pipe it will blow your jeans back, lots of air pressure, when you get into the throttle, it sounds alot louder, but again I can't hear it over my buddies pipes. Does that mean I have the quiet or high flow baffles??? Can I drill holes in the baffle to make it louder if I already have the High flow version??? Thanks!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I've ever had are Rinehart's on my bikes, and have never changed baffles. I believe they come with high-flow baffles (although I could be wrong). Your buddy's probably got straight pipes or something like that on his bike. Rinehart's aren't known for being obnixiously loud at idle or cruising speed, but they do get plenty loud when you twist the wick. Don't know about drilling baffles although I'm sure it could be done as people have been doing on different manufacturer's pipes for years.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM
cajunvroder
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took off the end caps and pushed the smaller baffles back into the pipe with a set of the so called quite baffles. I then bought a pair of coil spring baffles replaced the end cap an bolted the springs with the retaining bolt. The whole set up sounds about right for me. Still loud at idle an very loud and mellow at WOT.