General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Stealers and Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
dm_gsxr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealers and Dealers

I spotted a post a few days ago asking about dealership reps. Hawgeye has been maintaining a Stealers and Dealers page for several (if not many) years. It was on his site but it looks like he's actually purchased a domain and is hosting it there.

http://www.stealer-dealer.com

A couple of times dealers have tried to put in a "good word" but they're usually caught and it's noted on the site.

Carl

Old 12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stealers and Dealers

Very interesting site. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice site. The comments on my local dealership were right on.

Mac

Old 12-17-2004, 01:11 PM
GettingOn
Novice

Nice site. My dealer (Tucson, AZ) was getting hammered! Still waiting on the $ to come in to get my bike so have no "dealing" experience yet with them, but the feelings I was getting on this dealer (used car slimeball salespeople) seems to be true. Although compaints often get posted, quality service is usually silence...

Old 12-17-2004, 02:37 PM
dm_gsxr
Cruiser

It's the same way I look at the e-bay comments though. I expect good service so don't see many "I got good service" messages. Occasionally you'll see "I got _great_ service" comments but I don't care about those (mostly they're from somewhere 5 states away so it doesn't matter anyway :-)

On e-bay I read the negative comments and never read the positive ones. You're _supposed_ to be sending it to me in a timely manner and with no problems. That's what I'm _paying_ for. I want to know that the guy has fscked up a couple of times but has taken care of it or if there are circumstances that were beyond his control.

Feel free to post positive comments. I have. Check out the archives for Patriot HD in Virginia and the recent sort of positive and sort of negative posting for Sun HD in Colorado. CS is me.

Carl

Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On e-bay I read the negative comments and never read the positive ones.
I read the positive ones but don't let them affect my decision...it's the negative ones I look for like you Carl.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:59 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

When looking at the E-bay feedback, I generally just look at the percentage count that you get with everyone...sort of shows a snapshot summary. If I see more than a few bad ones, I'll read up and see what the deal is. But I agree, if I pay you money, I expect you will do the right thing on your end...

Mac

Old 12-21-2004, 11:57 AM
twinsdaddyo
4th Gear

Regarding the Tucson dealer-They are owned by tucson motorsports who owns all the other dealers for metrics in town as well as around the area. I would not walk in that store for nuttin and you couldn't pull me in there with a herd of wild horses. Go to Yuma or El Paso. But then again if you don't care about your money and how you are treated, have at it. I went in there last month, for the last time ever, to get a price on a new sporty, they want your i.d. first-no way-when they finally came up with a price it was $3,000 over msrp. This is a place where used car salespeople that can't sell used cars to blind morons go to work.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:15 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: twinsdaddyo

I went in there last month, for the last time ever, to get a price on a new sporty, they want your i.d. first-no way-when they finally came up with a price it was $3,000 over msrp.
That's absurd. How in the world is that stupid? [sm=pimp.gif]

The Yuma dealership ain't bad, they won't do much in the way of discounts. I'm headed in there later today about an add on for the scoot when it arrives, I'm going to take an internet price from a dealer in SD? and see what they say.

Mac

Old 12-21-2004, 05:45 PM
GettingOn
Novice

Thanks for the reply. Did a little snooping and I guess they're all part of this group: http://www.azmotorsports.com/

El Paso... just drove by that place off I-10 in Oct and it's HUGE but also quite a distance. TwinsDaddyo; you in AZ? What about Chosa's and Superstition in PHX area. They don't appear to be part of this slug group. I'll have to see what stealers/dealers site has to say as well. Wherever it may be my intention is to walk in with cash and lay what I want to spend down. If that don't work f*ck em and I'll go somewhere else. I'm excited 'bout getting my bike but not stupid. My $ is stuck in the courts right now but within a couple months...

Pilot1996, can't remember what you were getting but I'd be curious on the "line item $ details" of your purchase in Yuma as well.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Stealers and Dealers