General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Just saw Easy Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:11 PM
kaotik78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw Easy Rider

Ok, now don't go shouting at me cause of my noobness on here. I was told by my father-in-law now that I have a Harley, I should watch Easy Rider.

Now here goes....

WTF kind of movie was that anyways!?!?!?! As I was watching it, I liked the part when Fonda throws the watch on the ground and they ride off on their adventure. What I didden't, and absolutely made me clentch my fist and squirm in my seat was when they were ridiculed and beaten with baseball bats of all things!!!!! Then to make it even worse, after Nicholson dies, they head home, and some stupid hic decides to shoot Fonda's friend, then when I really started to get happy that Fonda's charachter was going to go after the guys, I was thinkin "yeah, time for some *** kicking that is right and just" nope, he get's blown away too!!!!!!!

Now I have no idea what to make of the movie, kinda made me even more mad at the world and people in general. Not that know if I could be any more foul at the world than I already am, that's another story. But why, WHY did the movie have to go down like that!?

Well now that it's off my chest, it's time to head home and have a few beers to "brighten my spirit". Man what a foul evil movie...

-K

Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Just saw Easy Rider

I had seen bits and pieces of Easy Rider over the years but I never sat down and watched the entire movie.

A few months ago I was home alone and the movie was coming on in 10 minutes. I watched it from beginning to end and I was blown away at the ending. []

I was speechless for at least and hour after the movie ende
(mostly because nobody was home but me ).

Since then I've watched it two more times and I like it more and more everytime I see it.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:39 PM
jharp
Tourer

I think it has a lot to do with the era when the film was made. A lot of people would have rather seen a biker dead. Glad that way of thinking has changed, some.

Jim

Old 11-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jharp

I think it has a lot to do with the era when the film was made. A lot of people would have rather seen a biker dead. Glad that way of thinking has changed, some.

Jim
I agree but have always been somewhat bewildered as well. help us out oh wise elders???[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 AM
chucktx
Novice

i have been riding since 65.....and yes back in those days bikers WERE outlaws, to the holders of the establishment rules. we were trying to be free and society would have none of it. a lot of bikers were killed and beaten for no reason, and retaliation resulted. the thing is back then, we stood together as one and tried to take a stand. the media played a big part in the "outlaw image". and it still goes on today, with the media telling us how to live, walk, talk. over time, a lot of folk worked on changing the image....and i guess it worked.....look around today, and most of the "outlaw type" are gone. they have been replace with a more clean cut, clean shaven biker type. there are a few of the "old schoolers" out here, but not like it was back then. some folk think the change is for the better, others arnt so sure. i am of the latter. the media, and govt. is pushing the "pussification of america" as hard as they can.......look around, things that woulnt have happened 20 or so years ago is now common place........and getting worse. im stopping here and getting off my soapbox.....and all this is my opinion.......
chuck

Old 11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
NitroBerserker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know I have been riding a long time and over the years I have personally experienced most of the treatments shown in that movie except for the baseball bat thing and of course being shot off the bike, But we have been turned away from motels that we had reservations for, been ignored in restaraunts, run off the road, pulled over for equipment checks. been threatened with impounding the bikes or having them dangled from the back of a wrecker and the list goes on.
Now my girlfiend of about 14 years ( may as well be wife ) who claims she isn't a biker chick, was totally suprised by the negative treatment we have received just by pulling up on the motorcycle, I had to laugh the day a lady in a small shop followed her around vaccuming the carpet in every aisle she walked down just to keep an eye on her, I guess she though she was going to shoplift the whole place. or the time we wnt into an upscale home supply store, we were building a new house and were there to pick out things like brick types, shingles, a front door (which alone cost over $3500) lighting fictures etc. and we were totally DISSED no one would even talk to us! I even picked up brick and shingle samples and carried them outside to look at them in the light and STILL no one came around. They lost a big sale that day. another time she was in the market for a new car so we were checking out the new little Caddilac's, same treatment. ( she bought a Mercedes instead. ) Now I will admit the treatment we get when riding the dresser is somewhat better than that when on the chopper. people are just still afraid and don't trust us , Bikers in general that is. I think nickelson said it pretty well in the movie, that people are afraid of someone who appears to be totally free.

I guess it's my turn to step down off the soapbox

NEXT.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:32 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Hey, Nitro - like the chop. Nice 'n' clean.

But ya gotsta ditch the front fender, man!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:39 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

I remember pulling into a Dodge dealer in N. Charleston, SC on the bike to buy a new mini-van for THE MAMA. Had the check in my wallet for the whole thing. Sales-pukes stood in the showroom windo watching us check the selection out. Found the one THE MAMA wanted, and motioned to the sales-pukes only to have them turn their backs on us. Bought a Plymouth van instead.

Most of us ol' coots who've been ridin' for 30 - 40 years had plenty of harrassment tossed our way. It was worse if you were on a chop or otherwise modified HD, but even being on a stock "furrin" bike got you unwanted attention.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
kaotik78
Cruiser

Wow, thank's guys for your input and experiences. I asked my father-in-law, who lent me the movie. While not a biker himself, he did say back in those days, he had long hair and was constantly being told to get a haircut you f-ing dirty hippy etc etc. I can see why people were jealous of bikers, when I get on my bike, I've realized now that, everything that bothers me just drifts away. Shame, people can't get their stereotypical images out of their heads.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all stories , fact or fiction end in, and They lived happily ever after. If you are riding down the road on your scoot and someone is pointing a shotgun at you, well it mightt not be the best thing to just flip em off . [8D]

Quick Reply: Just saw Easy Rider