General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Tank dash for Badboy

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Gustapo
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tank dash for Badboy

I might be asking a dumb newb question here, but I cannot find anything regarding this online anywhere... Yet. Still looking but figured I'd test the waters here as well. I like to do my own work, and avoid the Stealer when I can.

The PO of my 1995 Softail Badboy overtightened the acorn nut holding the dash to the tank, and it's cracked because of it. Not to mention for some reason the speedo is loose and vibrates like crazy. I want to order a blacked-out (preferrably) dash replacement, but nobody lists the FXSTSB for fitment. So I have a few questions...

Any idea if the Badboy shares a dash panel with any other models, and which models?

How do I remove the adjustment **** on the odometer to remove the dash from the tank?

I haven't had the dash off yet, but I'm assuming there is a loose bolt or fastener of some sort to tighten the speedo down... Or am I looking at bigger problems? I am a bit concerned that if its a simple fix such as a loose fastener, why the hell the PO hadn't gone in there to fix it...