General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Saddlemen's Seat Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saddlemen's Seat Quality

Looking for a new two up seat. Deciding between Mustang and Saddlemen's. I like the more modern look of the Saddlemen's Explorer over the Mustang, but the Mustang seems to be the more popular choice. I'm more concerned for quality and comfort than popularity. Both are about the same price.

Opinions anyone? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-25-2006, 03:19 AM
mrgrinch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saddlemen's Seat Quality

The most comfortable seat I've ever had on a bike was a Saddlemen King model on a '02 Wide Glide. This is the exact same model as the explorer but has gel only for the rider. The explorer has gel for the rider and passenger. That King seat on the WG was more comfortable than a Corbin and Mustang touring seat I had on a Road King. The quality of Saddlemen is a gamble though. I bought a Saddlemen solo for a Softail that had torn vinyl on the sides and left a half inch gap at the back exposing the battery, so I sent it back. I bought another solo from them that had a lot of the stitching unraveling before it was ever mounted. It went back too. My advice is buy from a dealer who won't give you any crap about a defective return and then cross your fingers. If you get a good one, they are extremely comfortable.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice. I love the look and the two gel cells sound nice. But my a$$ would still be chapped if I knew I was riding on an unwraveling seat. The Mustang is about $100 more but I've never heard any quality complaints. I guess it's a clear choice.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Jet x 4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott
I will be picking up my 06 WG next weekend and am certain I will need to replace the seat after awhile. I'm interested in your thoughts once you make a decision.
How do you like the windhield on your WG. I may get one along with some soft saddlebags. Any advice you can give would be great. Thanks

Rich