General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Are people Jealous or R' U' crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 12:24 PM
BigDaddyToy
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are people Jealous or R' U' crazy?

I am still doing my research and I found this......Is he a jealous idiot or what?????

by Adam Whisner .......Here again I say HD's got a great bike for people that like Harley-Davidson's. I don't see the charm. I'm more charmed by reasonable price tags. I just see great marketing and gimmickry. The engine doesn't HAVE to shake. You don't NEED three ways to lock the bike. You don't NEED cruise control. You don't NEED to spend twice as much on a motorcycle that isn't as reliable as a metric cruiser.

You just have to WANT to.

The 1450cc engine between your legs just growls constantly. Rumbles. Vibrates. The whole bike vibrates like a giant lawnmower. According to some Harley riding friends, "that's just the way they ride. Plus, the chicks dig it for obvious reasons."

Um...whatever, dude.

My female passenger felt like the whole thing was going to explode any second. I wasn't a fan of this vibration...... by Adam Whisner
http://www.beginnerbikes.com/reviews...ailclassic.htm

http://www.beginnerbikes.com/reviews/03roadking.htm

Again, I am simply trying to make an informed decision prior to buying. I want to remove as much emotion as possible from my purchase!!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the replys.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Are people Jealous or R' U' crazy?

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

and the question is what?

Oh yeah... to buy a bike?

Doesn't matter what you ride, but if you ride.

Old 11-21-2004, 06:29 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of bike are you looking for? Cruisers or sport bike? The metric cruisers i have priced are only a few thousand less than a harley. One thing to consider when you buy, look at the price of used bikes( metric verses harley ) and you will see that the metric bikes hold no value. After a year of riding you would be lucky to get half of what you paid for a metric bike new. I have noticed on harleys it seems if you put alot of accessories on the bike when you own it and you resell it you get what you paid for the bike minus the accessories. I shopped around when i bought my bike and looked at resell value. That convinced me into a harley. I also love the sound, the vibration, the feel of the bikes torque,and most of all all the accessories you can get to personalize the bike for me. You cant get that from metric.

As long as you ride your allright by me,
David

Old 11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
BClem
Banned

DA!

Rather than explain how I meant what I wrote, I'll extinguish it right now. It sounded like it was aimed wrong, probably was...

Keep up the good work.

BClem

Old 11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
4boltsiron
Tourer

EEEE Gadz!
dont buy the Harley ,dont ride a Harley, stay away from my Harley!

Old 11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member

Who the hell is Adam Whisner?

Not that I give a s#!t !

Old 11-22-2004, 03:13 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Again, I am simply trying to make an informed decision prior to buying. I want to remove as much emotion as possible from my purchase!!
Why would you want to do that. It's all about the emotion when it comes to Harleys. Yes, they're more expensive than Yamahas and Hondas but there's no excitement (for me) about those bikes. I'm willing to spend a little to get all the extras that go with having a great bike (like being part of the Harley familyand being able to make my friends and family jealous). To me riding is about emotion.

My cousin just bought a RoadStar because he loves to ride and wanted a big bike. His first priority was the cost and so he got a cheaper, although nice, bike. His priority, but when it comes to bragging rights, they're mine. It's all about the emotion. What's going to make you feel the best when you ride?

Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
BClem
Banned

Stones, you are wasting your typing skills...not to mention good intentions.

BClem

Old 11-22-2004, 07:50 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, but I figured it might be worth a shot. [&:]

Old 11-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I just came off a metric cruiser and can tell you there is a difference. The vibration thing... Please they all have them just depends on where you get it. My metric cruiser vibrated pretty good over 65 mph. Buy what you like, if you can afford it, and don't worry about what other people think. My deuce cruises easier, shifts better, rides a ton better and has better torque. We'll see what resale does if I ever sell it, but that may never come because I frigin love this bike! Don't be fooled by the non believers! You won't be dissapointed with your purchase.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Are people Jealous or R' U' crazy?