General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

plug end of radio antenna cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
cycleman50
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default plug end of radio antenna cable

I got my '02 Ultra on Ebay. Said "excellent condition" only to find out later that the front end had been wrecked. After taking off the fairing to put compass in I see that the end of the radio antenna cable that plugs into the radio has been crushed. Now I know why the radio doesn't always work. Do I have to get the whole cable? If so, where? or can I get just the plug (don't know what to call it) that plugs into the radio? If that, what is it called, what size is it and where would I get such a thing? Any help, suggestions would be appreciated. I have no idea where I go to get whatever I need to fix the problem.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Woodyheritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: plug end of radio antenna cable

If you can get to the antenna look to see if the cable is removable. If it is you may be able to get an extension cable at Radio shack or any other car audio installer/sales. If not you can still go to one of the audio installers and see if they have just the radio end plug. In the worst case give a call to Harada USA, they make antennas and they may sell you one or just look for an electronic parts house like Newark or Allied. You could also just buy the cheapest stick antenna at Wal-Mart and take the end you need off as they are just crimped on.
Good luck,
Woody