General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

A buddy of mine wreaked his bike...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Bigbluefatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres my experience, I actually lost my father due to a accident on his harley in 2006. I was riding then and was defiently shook up about it. I took teh winter off, and then when spring came around I bought a new harley, I continue to ride today, and think of him everytime I ride. The way I deal with it is He died doing something he loved. I love to ride, and also loved riding with him. Now I still ride with him hes just not in the flesh with me. It helps me deal with it. It s a bond noone will ever be able to take away from me.
Riding is like a hobby to some people if it is what you do in your freetime then there is a chance that when you go you will be riding. if we all where Swimmers in our free time then theres a chance we could drown swimming sometime!! its my logic right or wrong..

Old 12-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Kbore
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sincere condolences to everyone that has lost someone in an accident- double to those that lost someone riding a motorcycle. Myself, I have told my entire family that if I go on a bike, that I was good-to-go and that I will have gone out doing something I loved.

+1 on the other posts pointing out that you have to look ahead, plan ahead and expect and anticipate the unplanned.

stevja1, have you talked to your friend about how you feel about riding now? THat might be helpful?