General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

J&S Jacks....Dyna Usage question.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 PM
hdvolunteer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&S Lift Jack

I too recently purchased a J&S lift jack for my 2009 roadking classic. It works great. I did not realize until reading this thread that I need to back the pressure off the jack once I have the bike lifted up and the locks in place. My question is are you supposed to back off all the pressure or just enough to ease settle the bike on the locks? I missed this step somewhere during the installation process. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Newhawk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hdvolunteer
I too recently purchased a J&S lift jack for my 2009 roadking classic. It works great. I did not realize until reading this thread that I need to back the pressure off the jack once I have the bike lifted up and the locks in place. My question is are you supposed to back off all the pressure or just enough to ease settle the bike on the locks? I missed this step somewhere during the installation process. Thanks.
I would slowly back it off until the locks set, then tighten again. If the locks fail the bottle still has the position set and yet there is no pressure on the seals unless the locks fail.
And if by chance the locks fail, there is a whole lot more going on than just jack failure.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Bad Example
Advanced
Default I'd prefer riding.....

Originally Posted by Romark
No adapter needed for a Dyna on a J&S jack. Rosie O'Donnel couldn't knock my '07 Wide Glide off my J&S jack.

Mark
My Fatbob to riding Ms. O'Donnel. Easier to change the oil on 'bob as well!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
hdvolunteer
1st Gear
Default J&S Lift Jack

Thanks Newhawk for responding so quickly, I will use that approach going forward.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 AM
mo-fo-joe
Road Captain

J&S jacks are a great jack for any bike including Dynas. No shims or attachments needed to jack up my Superglide [2008] no straps or tie downs needed etc. Best investment i have made for my bike .My buddy borrows it for his wide glide, his jack is a pain in the a$$ using it on the Dyna frame.