General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

help with a night train seat issue!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006 | 11:20 PM
johnny night train
|
Advanced
Default help with a night train seat issue!

first off, a big hello, i just signed in at the new members section, and still feeling my way around the site, it is awsome!.

so here is my problem i ride a 05 night train, (that's not my problem lol) however last summer i ordered a second seat, for my wife. (personally i love the badlander seat), but we had to have something for 2up riding. but holy crap after only one ride to a somewhat local rally(4hr run) my clear coat was marked from the seat. this problem, occured because there is only a small area of plastic film protecting the clear.(enough to cover the badlander). so off comes the seat, and i got the clear buffed just in time. that seat never went on again. i have parted ways with the sundowner seat and have purchased the custom 2up seat for the night train from hd, figure i can't go wrong. however riding season is just around the corner and i don't want a repeat, because this time would be big trouble. soooo is there anyway to safely switch seats from badlander(solo) to 2up night train seat regularly with out any irreversable damage. i'll take anything here.

thanks in advance!

cheers john

Old 04-07-2006 | 01:12 PM
fxstcguy98
Road Master
Default RE: help with a night train seat issue!

welcome johnny,
try getting some 3/16"thk. neoprene sheet with adhesive backing and apply it to the bottom of the 2up seat.