General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 10:10 AM
Lano
|
Intermediate
Default What to expect?

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I hit a deer Saturday with my 08 FLSTC Saturday.&nbsp\\; Everyone who has seen the bike says it is totaled.&nbsp\\; I have Dairyland insurance.&nbsp\\; I have called them, but no one has showed up to look at the bike yet.&nbsp\\; If anyone has been thru this before, I would sure like to know what to expect.&nbsp\\; The boys went and got the bike from the tow company yesterday, so it is sitting in my garage right now.&nbsp\\; Any advice would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-14-2008 | 05:55 PM
dabere
Intermediate
Default RE: What to expect?

I'm on the west coast and haven't heard of Dairyland Insurance.&nbsp\\; Did you talk to a real person or did you just leave a recorded&nbsp\\;message?&nbsp\\; What sort of coverage do you have?&nbsp\\; How long have you had the bike?&nbsp\\; How many miles do you have on it?&nbsp\\; These are all determining factors.
&nbsp\\;
If the insurance company is reputable at all, it's pretty cut and dry.&nbsp\\; If the bike is totalled and you have full&nbsp\\;coverage, the bike is paid, likely resale value minus your deductable.&nbsp\\; Don't forget to give them your towing &amp\\; storage bill.&nbsp\\; If you have rental vehicle coverage, give them that bill, too.
&nbsp\\;
If it's not totalled, don't accept aftermarket, no-name replecement&nbsp\\;parts.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Do whatever you need to do to get a dealer to give you an estimate.
&nbsp\\;
IMHO
&nbsp\\;
Pastor Don

Old 07-18-2008 | 10:01 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: What to expect?

+1 to Pastor Don