General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Security System Pager Receiver II troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 AM
NiteOwl
Supporter
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Security System Pager Receiver II troubleshoot

I am currently haveing a problem with my pager, . I bought it last year and it encoded fine, but every once in a while it just shuts down. This year I had to replace the battery (they only last 1 month) and I can't get it to encode, ihave tried everything. The instruction manual says to turn off pager. Turn off bike alarm system. Hold pager button until all the lights begin to flash in sequence and chirps, activate bike alarm with 1 press of fob, then the pager is suppose to marry to the siren. Mine does not, the siren works fine but the pager just can't connect.

Anyone have any ideas or troubleshooting tips?

I plan to take it back to the dealer this week but I am not so sure they will do anything for me, I am expecting to have flushed the $65 down the drain. sigh, it was great while it worked.

-=Niteowl=-
2003 Heritage Classic

Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Security System Pager Receiver II troubleshoot

I just bought one and it sounds like you are following the correct procedure so I can offer no help. Good luck at the dealership. I have the rechargeable one and my range confirmation signal does not indicate anything. I assume it should flash if you are within range. I bought mine online from Zanotti's so I may be SOL.

By the way, you may get more feedback on the Chat or Touring forums.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
NiteOwl
Supporter
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Security System Pager Receiver II troubleshoot

Thank you - I did replace the pager, it was not warrantyable and the system si operational again. There is a new style pager but I opted to not get it though it had the rechargable battery, it was to bulky for me as I always put it in my pocket not my belt.