General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Factory Harley Security System questions - pager

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:44 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Harley Security System questions - pager

Just bought a used siren module and pager module for my '04 Heritage and installed them on my bike. Everything seems to be working great except for the pager. It has options to tell you when you are too far away from the bike and when you are in range of the bike but nothing seems to happen when I go into and out of range. The pager doesn't do anything. Is there something I must do first for the Range confirmed and Out of Range features to work on the pager? Didn't get the instructions with this when I bought it.

Many tnx...
Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/8510/3A0F1CBDCB55431CB152B3F341FF645F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2006, 08:46 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Factory Harley Security System questions - pager

Did you get the Siren II? If so, it will have an antenna (about a 10" piece of wire) coming out of it that you velcro to the bike. If you don't have the Siren II, the pager won't work.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:45 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate

JamieWG,

I got part numbers 68328-02 and 91665-03 which is what is shown in the 2006 Harley catalog.

The transmitter does have about a 10" piece of wire and it is placed on top of the battery. The pager
does beep and vibrate when the security system is turned on and off and shows the correct code.
But, doesn't seem to do anything when I go out of range of the bike which I've heard is around
1/2 a mile or so.

tnx for the reply.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:29 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate

Does anyone have a copy of the Pager Operations Manual? I bought my kit used and didn't get this manual with it. Looks like it is part number 99964-03.
Does Harley sell these manuals?

Thanks
Tim

Old 04-29-2006, 12:00 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a dealer installed SmartSiren II, pager, and a factory installed security system. The range conformation is a light that blinks on the pager, and does not blink when you are out of range. It will not alert you by tone or vibration to let you know that it is out of range. If it alerts you to the arming/disarming of the system, and alerts to tampering (i.e. someone hitting the bike or moving it) then I believe it is working correctly.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:16 PM
TimSpringerClsc
6th Gear

I have the instructions and you have to encode the pager to the siren as follows:

1. Ensure the pager receiver is turned off

2. Press and hold the pager receiver button (D) - (the big button on the front of the pager). The pager receiver will flash and vibrate to indicate it is in the ON mode. Continue to hold the button until the LED indicators begin to flash one after another and the receiver begins to beep once every two seconds. The pager receiver is now in the encoding mode. (NOTE: the encoding mode will time out after beeping five times. If it times out repeat steps 1. and 2.)

3. Press the Security System Key Fob once to arm the security system. The pager receiver will indicate that it has been successfully encoded by beeping four times.

Let me know how it works out

As long as you have the Siren II and the pager is in working condition it should work - the dealer sold me a bad pager and after messing with it for a couple hours myself and then taking the bike in and having them mess with it for a couple hours they finally concedded that they sold me a bad pager - the new one encoded on the first try.

good luck - I can copy the instructions for you if necessary.

Tim

Old 05-19-2007, 03:35 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate

Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread and thanks for the info. Just got my pager out again today to try to
set it back up and having trouble. My pager only has a slide switch on it that allows you to slide to 2 positions, on and on
with sound. It can be pressed down while off but when I do, nothing happens. If I turn it on and then hold down on the
switch, it flashes a hypen '-' once. Any ideas? It was working at one time and quit and I haven't fooled with it in a long time.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:38 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate

My pager must be the older style. It has a slide switch with 3 settings, off, on (with sound) and on with vibrate.
I don't have the pager manual 99964-03 so I don't know how to program the pager to the bike. This pager is the
one that uses 2 aaa batteries. Does anyone have one of these that could help me out? I have run into a dead
end every where I've looked.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 AM
mtnclimber
Intermediate

Pic of the pager I have...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with the Mk1 Pager is that it does not warn you when its out of range you have to press the button down and if you get 3 lines in the window it will still be in range.

400 yds is the usual range and thats a long way to run when it goes off !!!!!

Quick Reply: Factory Harley Security System questions - pager