General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Factory Harley Security System questions - pager

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
toysoldiers
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Harley Security System questions - pager

400 yds might be a long way, but is that range straight distance with no obstacles in between? When I go into my office and park my bike not more than 200 Feet away from my window, I rarely get signal. If it can't page me when I'm in a building or more than 400 yds (1/4 Mile) away, this thing may have been a waist of good $$. Does anyone have ideas of how to improve/boost the range?

Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 PM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: toysoldiers

400 yds might be a long way, but is that range straight distance with no obstacles in between? When I go into my office and park my bike not more than 200 Feet away from my window, I rarely get signal. If it can't page me when I'm in a building or more than 400 yds (1/4 Mile) away, this thing may have been a waist of good $$. Does anyone have ideas of how to improve/boost the range?
To extend the range I am pondering a new antenna to connect to the pager radio sender unit:-

http://www.simplesolutions-uk.com/in...ils&pid=92

This is aflat dipole antennaand will fit on the leather bag pannier bag on the back where it can't be seen and with a 2db gain should increase the range

Old 06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
toysoldiers
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PWHog,
This sounds almost too simple. Does the frequency for the antanna have to match the system? I looked at your link and see a list of different freq's. Just want to be sure i'm getting the right one. Any idea where can I find out the freq range for the pager system?
Thx.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 PM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: toysoldiers

PWHog,
This sounds almost too simple. Does the frequency for the antanna have to match the system? I looked at your link and see a list of different freq's. Just want to be sure i'm getting the right one. Any idea where can I find out the freq range for the pager system?
Thx.
You need the antenna for 433MHz as the link shows with 2m of cable which you will need to cut to length and fit the correct BNC Plug to connect to the pager sender unit.

Hope this helps