General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Any Experience with Geico

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:20 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Experience with Geico

Hi gang, I'm getting ready to purchase my bike and have been checking insurance rates. Any ideas? Geico just quoted me a rate of $370 yr (500 deductible) on an FDXI with up to $2000 of accesories. Would go down to $337 after I take the motorcycle safety course. Good news...accessories are covered after the deductible. Bad news...NADA book value, not total replacement value. Aby thoughts. Thanks

Old 03-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Any Experience with Geico

How much extra is it to get full replacement?

Ryan

Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Get gap insurance from you finacnical institution. DONT get it from HD! It is in THEIR best interest so the rates are very low.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:07 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior

What is "gap insurance"? I'm finanacing through a very small credit union and doubt that they offer anything like that. The semi-annual payment on my car insurance is about due, however and so I am also willing to look at other insurers. Plan on talking to State Farm (after all, I live in their home town) and Shelter (the dealership finance person reccommended them...but I'm never sure how much to trust someone who prob' gets a referral fee) Any other suggestions? Progressive was about twice as much as Geico.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:17 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

Im also going through a small cred union. Ill bet they have it or know where you can get it. Gap insurance covers the gap between value at the time of an accident and what you actualy paid for the bike. So if you paid 23K$ for a bike today and total it tomorow and then the insurance low ***** you on bike cost and accesroies the gap will kick in. I think mine is like 146$ for the year and most financial inst will finance it in. HD gets 416$ for theirs, down here at least.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

I have geico on my cars too but the bike is a totoaly seperate policy etc. Not even billed togehter.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:24 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I went to the HD web and looked at Progressive. They gave me a good deal, better than my own insurance company. I got a letter from Geico today, but haven't had the chance to talk to them yet.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:38 AM
05RdKing
Road Master

mine is the same situation as ApeKing - Geico did give me "some" discount on the bike ins. since I have my cars & home insured thru them. It was $500/yr vs. HD at $580/yr for full coverage

Old 03-04-2005, 07:46 AM
investorsc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a friend lose his Bourget in a flood last year. Had State Farm w/o GAP. I was amazed. they gave hime full replacement including the 1500.00 Rivera carb setup. THen he bought the bike back for 25K, has 30 in it now- you would never know it was wet...Recon title, of course........

I asked him how you start a flood!

BRUCE

Old 03-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I pay $345 a yr for full coverage on my ride but my ins. is thru Farm Bureau, does anyone else have ins. with them, they are big in the southeast.

Quick Reply: Any Experience with Geico