General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Easy or Ghost Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Shmoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy or Ghost Brackets

New to this board for info. Any help would be appreciated.
I purchased a set of Road King hard bags to mount on my metric, the HD bags are the nicest bags and hold a lot of stuff, better than any stock bags that are available for my ride. I have to fab a mount but was wondering if anybody has mounted hard bags using easy or ghost brackets and if they have are they sturdy enough and provide enough support. I know the stock mount has a rail under the bag so thats is why i'm not sure if these brackets will work.
Thanks for any info.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:37 PM
taurusjim
Cruiser
Default RE: Easy or Ghost Brackets

It should work, the hard bags are drilled and use a push and turn system. the rails underneath are decoration mostly...be carful when you drill so as not to crack the bags good luck

Old 02-04-2006, 02:41 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need a bottom support. The rails support the weight of the bags. With just a strut mount, they'll vibrate and crack.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Shmoo
1st Gear

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I knew someone would chirp in with an answer and it is kinda what I thought, just wanted to find out for sure. I thought that bottom brace was there for a reason(supporting the weight)and I wasnt sure if the ghost or easy brackets would give enough support to those bags.
I have the material to make brackets now I have to get going and fab some up. Some guys on the VTX forum have done it and I have a good idea how to do it, I was looking for the bolt on easy way out but I dont think that will work.

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

If you are looking for brackets that can be removed easily look at bubbasbrake.com. I'm not sure if they have them for your bike, I have them on my Heritage and they are the best detachable brackets I have ever seen. They have a 3rd bottom support that holds everything great.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Shmoo
1st Gear

Just an update, I did purchase the Ghost brackets after seeing a softtail near my house with them. They do work pretty good and are sturdy. I have a set of RK hard bags mounted on my VTX and the fit is great.