General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Highway Pegs -- Need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 05:15 PM
Rhubarb
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Highway Pegs -- Need help

So I can no longer live without Highway Pegs.

I am trying to figure out from the billions of choices what the differences are.

I don't think I need/want heel rests, but other than that???

So I see some on ebay for as low as $14. I see some for $100's.

Are there major differences between the clamp styles? I don't think I need adjustable's since I have the crash bar.

Thanks for any help you can offer... Sometimes there is a thing as too many choices.

Old 01-27-2006 | 05:49 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Default RE: Highway Pegs -- Need help

I have the Kuryakan hiway pegs with heel pads. I really like them. I have them mounted low on the crash bars so the heel rests are just a little higher and to the sides of the boards. I think it gives you more options on foot position and it's very comfortable.

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:05 PM
ricoman
Road Master

Kurykyn pegs - I have iso-pegs on engine guard (05 RKC) with HD two piece mounts (more expensive than clamp mounts- you'll have to decide on the cost) also have iso-grips and matching shifter pegs to keep a similar look.
Have iso-pegs on Kuryakyn adjustable bars for passenger - easy mount on the footboard bracket and gives her a chance to change foot positions on longer rides.
Try their web site - lots of options from pegs to mini-board to boards with fold out heel rests. (all good stuff - instructions and chrome)
Any guard mount peg will give you comfort options.
Highway pegs are almost a necessity.

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:15 PM
Rhubarb
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the replies!

So are the 2-piece mounts better, or just look better?

The clamp mounts (stepped wedge with a screw) seem pretty flimsy, and I dont want to think of the imbalance created if my peg broke off while my feet are up there.

Old 01-30-2006 | 03:02 PM
ricoman
Road Master

look at HD part #50957-02A on page 610 of the '05 parts/accessories catalog vs the 3 pc shown on the next page
by the way you don't have to mount your pegs on the inside of the engine guard as pictured.

Old 01-30-2006 | 07:31 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

So I can no longer live without Highway Pegs.

I am trying to figure out from the billions of choices what the differences are.

I don't think I need/want heel rests, but other than that???

So I see some on ebay for as low as $14. I see some for $100's.

Are there major differences between the clamp styles? I don't think I need adjustable's since I have the crash bar.

Thanks for any help you can offer... Sometimes there is a thing as too many choices.

I also would like to purchase some, I hung out in a parking lot yesterday hoping for owner to show (never did), he had what I want but dont no where to find ( I been searching all morning now lol).

they where mounted to the board brackets, came out just in front of boards, real nice looking.. anyone know what these are called?

Old 01-30-2006 | 09:44 PM
Rhubarb
|
Ultimate HDF Member

I saw them in the J&P catalog.

They looked pretty nice, but of course interfere with my crash guard.

I'll look it up when I get home.

Old 02-16-2006 | 12:35 AM
lainsauto
Intermediate

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3243

called cruise arm mark III by kuryakyn......

Old 02-16-2006 | 06:27 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

Put a set of these on my 06 Ultra. Clears the lower fairings fine and does not look bulky.

50957-02A Chrome Billet Engine Guard Footpeg Mounting Kit

50134-95 Airfoilâ„¢Custom Footpegs Small

Old 02-17-2006 | 06:40 PM
hoggsbreath
Advanced

I got the black crash bars on my 03 Heritage Classic - I used the HD pegs (diamond plate to match other stuff) and the billet HD peg mounts. I had a lot of trouble with the peg mounts as they are too small for the black crash bars. I ground them down so they fit so now all is well. I have my pegs adjusted a bit low, so I can rest my heel on my platform and my toe on the highway peg... or keep my feet on the pegs... or stretch out and rest my heel on top of the peg.

I've put about 35K on the bike since the install and still like it... more foot positions are better for long rides.

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs -- Need help