General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Help encoding smart pager II?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help encoding smart pager II?

Over the weekend, I bought the smart siren II with the little antenna, and installed it into the left electrical caddy per the service manual. Siren works fine.

I tried to encode the battery operated smart pager II to the bike, but the pager instructions say to put the pager into encoder mode (ok, easy enough), and then arm the bike security system using the fob remote. The catch is, my bike has the automatic buttonless/keyless security system. I tried turning the ignition on, putting the pager into encoder mode, and turning the ignition off. The signals flash, and the siren chirp chips, but I can't get the pager to encode.

Any of you done this, and can lend me a hand???

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
prc1333
Tourer
Default RE: Help encoding smart pager II?

I've been trying to do the same for months but can't get it to work on my 08. Sorry you have the same, but I have finally gotten the HD rep to check it out and he couldn't foigure it out. We are going to install another Smart Siren II and see if it works, but so far no-one at my dealership can figure it out. It seems everthing works but the 08's, yet some of the guys on the forum have gotten it to work.

Anyway we are in the same boat. Hang tight or put some pressure on your dealer as I am on mine. And when one of us figures it out we can let each other know. It is supposed to work?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Mr Pou
Advanced

Went back to the dealer today, parts guy couldn't get it to work, but he says I have the right part numbers. Then, the service dept took their crack at it, but after 40min of dorking with it, they gave up. They said they'll call Harley tech this week. We'll see...

Old 04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any news? I got this setup for my 08 RKC and can't get it to encode either.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
cooper57M
Tourer

i just did this two weeks ago on mine. i had this same smart 2 reciever on my 04 nighttrain and switched over to my SG. i stood next to my bike off, the receiver is off too, i then press the receiver button and hold till its starts flashing (a couple of seconds), at that point i turn on the ignition on my bike. there was no instructions i guess o7 and later bike are different than 06 and older

Old 05-10-2009, 01:28 PM
gspalding
1st Gear

Hey cooper57M. Read your post on the pager. Just wanted to check that the steps you did synched your pager. That is what I get from your post but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for your input on this topic.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
bartk
Intermediate

also trouble with encoding the pager. I have a road king custom 04 with smart siren 2 AND when i put the bike off, the alarm is set automaticlly after 30 seconds.

Tried to encode the pager with the orginally insctruction sheet but no suc 6. Have search many topics and trie so many things.. but nothing. Hopefully someone can help me!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am having the same problem. Can't get the remote to link up to Smart Siren II. A year ago when I got the remote it paired up perfectly and worked flawlessly for the better part of the summer. Then this spring I put a new battery in the remote and it worked for about 2 weeks. Couldn't get it to pair up again so I went out and purchased another remote thinking the first one had packed it in. Second remote paired up perfectly first time I tried it. It worked prefectly until I started and stopped the bike once. Never got the remote to pair again. Instructions from HD say if problems contact Dealer. So far 2 dealers have less idea what the problem is than I do. I now own two useless remotes. I have to admit they give you great piece of mind when staying at hotels etc. and the built in LED light is quite handy as well. Sure wish someone can figure this one out. I know the alarm on the bike works properly but for some reason won't pair up.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
bartk
Intermediate

is your alarm also programmed that its switches on when you put the bike off? after 30 seconds or so?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bartk
is your alarm also programmed that its switches on when you put the bike off? after 30 seconds or so?
Yes when the remote and Siren are paired up properly the remote activates and deactivates with the alarm automatically. ie. When alarm is activated the remote is actvated. My alarm is on a 09 Ultra Classic. The alarm automatically activates when you turn off the ignition and deactivates when you turn the ignition on as long as the alarm fob is in close proximaty to the bike. I know the old systems required that you press a button on the Fob to activate the alarm but the new ones are automatic.

Quick Reply: Help encoding smart pager II?