General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Help encoding smart pager II?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
AKThom
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-DŽ Security System Pager Receiver II won't sync

I bought the Pager Receiver II rechargeable and can't get it to sync with the bike. The bike is a 2009 Rocker C with the factory installed security system. I follow the instructions to put the pager in "learn" mode switch the bike on and off within that 5 second learning time and nada. Any tips from someone that was successful? I've tried flipping the on/off quick (< 1 second) slower, at the very beginning of the 5 second time, in the middle. It beeps and buzzes but won't show that it's connected to the bike on the LED that shows I'm within range. I've waited 5 minutes in the hope that it just took time to communicate. I don't think I need the siren to make this work but maybe someone can confirm that. I don't mind buying the siren if that's what's missing. I guess if the weather is good, I'll visit my local HD shop but I bought the pager online so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AKThom
I bought the Pager Receiver II rechargeable and can't get it to sync with the bike. The bike is a 2009 Rocker C with the factory installed security system. I follow the instructions to put the pager in "learn" mode switch the bike on and off within that 5 second learning time and nada. Any tips from someone that was successful? I've tried flipping the on/off quick (< 1 second) slower, at the very beginning of the 5 second time, in the middle. It beeps and buzzes but won't show that it's connected to the bike on the LED that shows I'm within range. I've waited 5 minutes in the hope that it just took time to communicate. I don't think I need the siren to make this work but maybe someone can confirm that. I don't mind buying the siren if that's what's missing. I guess if the weather is good, I'll visit my local HD shop but I bought the pager online so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.
You definitely need the siren to get the system to pair up. Remote pairs to the system through the siren. Siren is worth about $100.00 and very easy to install. I believe once it is installed it defaults to the "No Chirp" mode but can quite easily be made to chirp when the security system is activated and deactivated.