General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Cobalt Blue Pearl Touch-up Paint ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cobalt Blue Pearl Touch-up Paint ?

oldfartjc:

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to get this information for several months. The numbers you have do not give methe answer I had hoped for. However, you do confirm that the Cobalt Blue clearcoar is actually clear.

I guess I will have to do more research before I spend the $ to buy a set of hardbags.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts
Default RE: Cobalt Blue Pearl Touch-up Paint ?

I've had good luck using Color-rite on the RG
here's your color
http://www.colorrite.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1230

Old 12-14-2008, 10:21 AM
lmb1485
Tourer

thanks for the info guys

Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

I don't know if anyone has answered your question, but seeing that you have a custom color bike, I can only assume that the Jake Blue Sunglo is a Cobalt base with ?? sunglo pearl over the top. I know the Black Ice/ Blue Ice custom color we are running now is Black and Flame Blue with Ice Pearl over the whole set.

BM

Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser

ky_ace:

Just saw your post by chance. Thanks for the reply. No one has ever come up with the answer to my question.

I met a guy who had a Deep Cobalt Blue Ultra at the local dealer one morning. We swapped side covers and there was barely any difference between the Deep Cobalt Blue and the Jake Blue. At certain angles, the Jake Blue appeared a bit darker and at other angles, they appeared the same.

Based on that, I have come to the conclusion that the only difference between the two colors was that the topcoat on the Deep Cobalt Blue is clear and the topcoat on the Jake Blue is tinted blue. I assume the base color is the same. I did not see anything to make me think that there was more pearl in the Jake Blue than the Deep Cobalt Blue.

I guess Harley keeps any information on the customs colors a trade secret. If you ever find out any more on my question, I would appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks!

In the meantime, because I never got any knowledgeable answer on this question, I gave up on the idea of purchasing hard bags for my RKC. I did put the classic saddlebag guards on my leather bags, which made the bike look better, so that is how my bike will stay for now. I need to update my signature picture to show the saddlebag guards.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

try color rite .com i used there primer paint and clear coat to paint my inner fairing

came out great-ride safe

Old 01-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser

garyhendley:

Thanks for the tip about Color Rite. They do not list my color on their site. A few months ago, I tried emailing them and also contacting their sales department. I never received any reply from either contact - not even a reply that they could not help me.