General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

fitting a fuel injection tank on a carb. bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 AM
dlowder
Advanced
Location: Lived 52 years in Thomasville NC and moving to Edgewaterpark NJ in Feb.09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a fuel injection tank on a carb. bike

Was told this is a fairly simple process however i am getting different respones from different dealers. Want to put a 03 fuel injection tank on a carb 00 deuce. When i first inquired about this, was told by the local dealerHD makes a kit for this however after purchasing the tank and i go back to order it, it cant be found in the book and they referred me to a chopper shop. Another dealer said i needed an adapter for the fuel petcock and a cover plate for the top of the tank but if i wanted the fuel gauge to work i need to have part of the fuel injection system installed so the fuel gauge could be wired. Dont really need the fuel gauge since it really only tells me when the tank is full or emptyand i know to get fuel every 200 miles. Does anyone know if such a kit exsist or do the parts need to be ordered seperately and exactly what parts i will need.Thanks for any info.