General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Please educate me

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please educate me

I bought Nightster 22 with 6k miles today, from a dealershop.
I left the dealershop and rode it for 5-6 hours and check engine popped (when I left dealership already "wrench" tool or whatever it's called, it was showing.
Then triangle with ! popped.

Yet, I ****ing love the bike, it's beautiful and looks good with me xD
I proceed with diagnostic mode and found codes, can anyone give me tips what to do next... I spent today every bit of $$ I had on this motorcycle, so going to dealershop is not that easy.

1 code - c110000
2 code - p052300
3 code - b122a11

please advice

Old 07-11-2024, 01:19 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear

When I turn on ignition, red lamp appears too but during ride goes away.
Please advice

Old 07-11-2024, 01:50 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,127 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokovic
I bought Nightster 22 with 6k miles today, from a dealershop.
I left the dealershop and rode it for 5-6 hours and check engine popped (when I left dealership already "wrench" tool or whatever it's called, it was showing.
Then triangle with ! popped.

Yet, I ****ing love the bike, it's beautiful and looks good with me xD
I proceed with diagnostic mode and found codes, can anyone give me tips what to do next... I spent today every bit of $$ I had on this motorcycle, so going to dealershop is not that easy.

1 code - c110000
2 code - p052300
3 code - b122a11

please advice
Didn't you test ride it? Why did you leave the dealer?

Old 07-11-2024, 01:55 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear

Don't think I am complaining, this is the longest I've been without motorcycle brother, I needed it xD
I ****in love this motorcycle, was plannin to go to Texas to get one that I could afford xD

Anyways, any advice?

Old 07-11-2024, 02:03 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear

Code C110000:
  • Type: C - Chassis (Body, Brakes, etc.)
  • Meaning: This code indicates a Traction Control System (TCS) malfunction.
  • Next Steps: Since TCS is a safety system, it's advisable to consult your owner's manual for specific troubleshooting steps related to C110000. If you're not comfortable with the procedures, it's best to visit a Harley Davidson service center for proper diagnosis and repair by a certified mechanic.
Code P052300:
  • Type: P - Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc.)
  • Meaning: This code signifies a problem with the engine oil pressure sensor circuit. There might be a malfunctioning sensor, wiring issue, or low oil pressure.
  • Next Steps: Low oil pressure can cause significant engine damage. Check your oil level first and ensure it's within the recommended range according to your owner's manual. If the level is okay, it's recommended to consult a mechanic to diagnose the sensor or underlying cause of the pressure issue.
Code B122A11:
  • Type: B - Body (Electrical System, Instruments, etc.)
  • Meaning: Unfortunately, information about this specific code is limited online for the Nightster 2022. It might be a less common code or a newer one not yet documented in widely available resources.
  • Next Steps: Given the lack of definitive information, consulting your Harley Davidson dealer's service department is the best course of action. They will have access to the latest service manuals and diagnostic tools to pinpoint the issue related to B122A11.

Old 07-11-2024, 02:33 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear

Should I just change oil ? dealershop told me everything was changed but just to be sure???

Old 07-11-2024, 03:10 AM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,818 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Should I just change oil ? dealershop told me everything was changed but just to be sure???
Changing the oil is not going to help with this unless it's way low on oil maybe.
Considering the codes the dealer you bought it from would be my first stop asap.
Have you got a service manual?
Unless you have a good deal of mechanical experience talking through this can be a real chore.

good luck WP

Old 07-11-2024, 03:27 AM
Smokovic
6th Gear

I checked oil on warm, not completely cold and it looked like it was quite little...
Thats why I was thinking to change oil tomorrow..
Motul? mobil?

Old 07-11-2024, 03:49 AM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,821 Likes on 920 Posts

I was thinking to change oil tomorrow..
Motul? mobil?
And here we go...

The following 4 users liked this post by YZR:
blu92in99 (07-11-2024), eighteight (07-11-2024), Illinois_Minion (07-11-2024), KK0G (07-12-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 04:12 AM
DeeRoe
Road Master

Received 811 Likes on 307 Posts

Is there a reason you're not taking it back to the "dealershop"? I get it that you don't have extra $$ to have some clown that should have done his job in the first place, obviously didn't, but, That would be my first thing to do, rather than monkeying around with it on your own and perhaps making things worse. You just bought the d@mn thing, so there has to be at least some type of 30 day warranty, at the very least. And as harsh as this may sound, if you just said, "man, this thing is purty, I'll take it", then you'll reap the misfortune of not doing your due diligence of looking the whole bike over before leaving the parking lot. I've bought two new bikes ( and plenty of used) in my life with zero miles on them, and still did a thorough check on each one before leaving the parking lot. That old saying "caveat emptor" is more true today than ever.........thats a fancy way of saying, "buyer beware"

If you do decide to work on it, on your own, get a service manual for your bike. Worth its weight in gold. Read it first, check the interweb (Here, for example) for tips or advice.

Good luck.

Last edited by DeeRoe; 07-11-2024 at 04:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Please educate me