General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Pet Carriers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 03:31 PM
bob08lowrider
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pet Carriers

I ride a 2014 Ultra FLHTK that has since turned into a trike. I would like to take my dog with me and have tried two carriers that I returned each so far as I didnt use them.
The first one I bought was the Kuryackan Grand Pet Palace. When it sat on the seat it overhung the drop down to the riders seat by 3 inches. This wasnt even an option to try to mount it.
The second one one I tried was the Saddelman PC3200C pet voyager. Although it was a little smaller it didnt quite fit on as nicely as I would have liked. If you put it on one way the corners would hit the speakers and you cant get it to sit all the way back. If you turn it around it does sit better but it will still dig into your speaker grills and I am not into ruining one thing to do another.
Lastly neither case sets evenly on the luggage carrier and I would prefer him to sit on the seat.
The dog is 16 pounds.

Has anybody used a different carrier other then the two I listed on their touring seat. If so please let me know what worked for you.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Temple Brooks's Boyfriend
Banned
Received 319 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by bob08lowrider
I ride a 2014 Ultra FLHTK that has since turned into a trike. I would like to take my dog with me and have tried two carriers that I returned each so far as I didnt use them.
The first one I bought was the Kuryackan Grand Pet Palace. When it sat on the seat it overhung the drop down to the riders seat by 3 inches. This wasnt even an option to try to mount it.
The second one one I tried was the Saddelman PC3200C pet voyager. Although it was a little smaller it didnt quite fit on as nicely as I would have liked. If you put it on one way the corners would hit the speakers and you cant get it to sit all the way back. If you turn it around it does sit better but it will still dig into your speaker grills and I am not into ruining one thing to do another.
Lastly neither case sets evenly on the luggage carrier and I would prefer him to sit on the seat.
The dog is 16 pounds.

Has anybody used a different carrier other then the two I listed on their touring seat. If so please let me know what worked for you.
I'm on my second Pet Palace. They last about five years- mainly the zippers crap out. My dog weighs 21 pounds. The carrier is cross ways on the passenger seat up against the sissy bar. You are correct about the overlap. I took a piece of thin plywood- luan, covered it with that thin blue insulation and attached it to the bottom of the carrier with construction adhesive.Works very well.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:03 PM
LordSargon
Tourer
Received 115 Likes on 68 Posts

Not mine, but seen at a Sunday cars & coffee sorta deal...

The following users liked this post:
bob08lowrider (05-08-2020)