General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Sena 30K Setup help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Leanfactor
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sena 30K Setup help

Anyone have any experience with the new Sena 30K yet? Trying to set up the wife’s and mine headsets and can’t seem to get everything to work right. I can get the intercom to work and then the music to play, but not together. When I do the mesh intercom I can get the music to play at the same time, but the music does not dim to hear the conversation.

Would appreciate any tips or even a screen shot of your settings on your phone to see where you have all the sensitivities set.

I have the Freewire as well, but have not installed yet. Thought I would just use the headsets as standalone till I get time to install.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:39 PM
judgedelta
Road Master
Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

Apparently you're trying to bluetooth your 6.5 radio to your Sena headsets. As I understand it, the radio will connect to your phone for incoming bluetooth, allowing you to play music from your phone through your radio speakers, but there is no provision in the stock radio for outgoing bluetooth (if you will) to your headsets. That is why Harley is selling the WHIM (which I have on my bike) or why you have to use the Freewire, which I know nothing about. If you are playing music on your headsets, or have communication, you must have your phone paired directly to your headset and not be playing through your radio. NOTE: I am no electronics guy, the above is what I have observed from using my Boom 20s headset, WHIM and 6.5 radio. It could be correct or not, it is my best shot... You may have to call Sena customer service for help. I don't know if the online user manual is available for the 30K. Also, there is a Sena app available on the app store. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Last edited by judgedelta; 11-08-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: addendum