General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Motorcycle stand

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Fasha
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry :-) I'm still researching them. I borrowed one of the craftsman from a friend and tried it... I did not feel comfortable with it. I will put a link to it below. He uses it for his soft-tail heritage ( I believe that is what he has, Im still learning ) It works fine for his bike, but I discovered that where you position the jack and with my Electra glide, my frame starts to widen greatly toward the rear of the motor, and the surface area of the jack, that goes to this area, puts the frame of my bike, toward the edge of the jack. I just didn't feel comfortable putting the bike in the air with this jack.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-profe...2&blockType=G2

Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
I have a craftsman jack. works well.... I can place the jack under and raise enough to keep it upright. I bought the harbor freight black chock...it had the rocker to hold the front wheel in. Worked ok for the Sportster, but trying to pull the Street Glide out was a different story. Broke down and bought the WheelDock. Expensive but roll in and roll out. No pulling/tugging the wheel up and over a rocker.
Depending on your true desire, spend the extra money for quality. Get a good chock or, at the minimum, craftsman jack.
FWIW, when I wrassle my RK out of the chock I push with my feet while using the bag guards to kinda push/lift the back of the bike out, you probably aren't running bag guards...