General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Older Fatalities!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
hawk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Older Fatalities!

All of those stories about things to throw at the cage drivers are interesting,I have often wished I had an anvil to throw however I settled on this a few years ago: I carry two ping pong ***** in my jacket pocket,when a cager starts acting like one of those rear end body parts with hair around it I hold the ping pong ball up for them to see and then drop it in front of them,they think its a golf ball and do some pretty fancy driving getting away from it

Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 PM
johnboynotbilly
Advanced

That CDL means you are probably one of the best drivers on the road. And I said most suv drivers. Those that ride are a completely different matter.
ORIGINAL: Pirate

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I drive an SUV when I am caged...

What does that say about me?
--incidently I have a CDL(which just means I can drive the really big SUV's) and have been accident free since 1976

Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,858 Likes on 807 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pirate

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I drive an SUV when I am caged...

What does that say about me?
--incidently I have a CDL(which just means I can drive the really big SUV's) and have been accident free since 1976
Well, there are of course, exceptions to every rule.

I'm only stating what I have personally witnessed. I'm sure there are SOME good suv drivers, but the vast majority of the ones I've encountered are ****ing clueless about road safety/courtesy, and just don't pay attention. [:@]

Besides, most bikers are very aware of the road and the others on it when they drive a cage. It's just the way we have to ride, so it naturally translates when we drive!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,858 Likes on 807 Posts

ORIGINAL: Homer

Clammy,
Thats why I ride a little faster than traffic, splittin lanes and listening to Marylin Manson. In my book if you sit there going the same speed they'll knock you off cuz their HUA driving the SUV.
Lane splitting is illegal here, and drivers here will try to squeeze you if you do it... I've seen it firsthand more than once... I tend to ride/drive fast anyway, and I'm always checking my mirrors to see if anyone is coming up on me, and if there is, I just get out of the way!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-02-2005, 04:24 AM
Pirate
Road Master

I gotta tell ya, back when I lived in NY (drove an F350 Diesel at the time) It was amazing, you would see all the people heading north from the city and joisey, in the fancy 4x4 SUV's and they'd be screamin up the road in a snow storm. Of course up the road you'd see them again off in the ditch or crashed into a tree.