General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

evo primary chain adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015 | 07:29 PM
THE WEIAND ONE
|
6th Gear
Default evo primary chain adjustment question

Hey everybody. Adjusted my chain yesterday. Was loose before. Hitting cover. Got it all adjusted. But only thing i have come to realize. Slipped my mind at time. I measured and adjusted chain when it was in gear. Book says to check in neutral. Damn i cant believe i did that. I rotated tire to move chain around so i could check more areas on chain. Didnt think about putting it in neutral to measure till i had everything all back together. Think i should start over. I think i will. But just wondering if im worried over nothing.

Old 12-07-2015 | 08:11 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Good question! The best thing you did was to check in several places, I can't be sure that selecting neutral would make any difference. Your wheel was off the ground, so the drive-train, including primary, were not under any load or tension. IMHO you did just fine!

Old 12-07-2015 | 11:29 PM
THE WEIAND ONE
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by grbrown
Good question! The best thing you did was to check in several places, I can't be sure that selecting neutral would make any difference. Your wheel was off the ground, so the drive-train, including primary, were not under any load or tension. IMHO you did just fine!
thanks man. Took for a ride today ran good. Slap gone but it seems like the chain is louder though. Maybe its just me and i never paid attention to how it normally sounds. But im gonna check anyways. Gotta loctite the window bolts anyways.