General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Problem with Kuryakyn Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
pdiddles
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Problem with Kuryakyn Forward Controls

I posted this in the Dyna forum, but I thought it should here too.

I just received my new forward controls in the mail - ordered from the Ebay store Eastern Performance Cycles. Anyway, I really need to be studying for some final exams I have coming around the corner, but who wants to wait when they have a new toy. So I ran down to the garage and started my instal. After basically completing the entire install, I got on the bike to determine if the liked the angle of the shift peg. I stepped on the peg and the tranmission downshifted, but when I released the shifter it didn't come back up. It appears that the shift lever is too tight, and the transmission can't pull the shifter back into position after you shift. I removed the forward control assembly from the bike and tried to work the shift lever back and forth, and even rotated it around several time to see if I could loosen up the action, but it hasn't changed at all. Did any of you guys have a similar problem, and if so how did you fix it. I may be able to add some lubricant, but it doesn't appear to be something you can disassemble. Any ideas would be great - thanks in advance.