General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Help with seat/ battery 09' sportster

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Shibafox
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with seat/ battery 09' sportster

I have a 09' sportster 1200XL Low. I am struggling with getting the seat off to remove the battery. The bike is clicking when I try to start it. The HD Dealer said its the battery to bring it in. Well I can not for the life of me get the seat off. I did it last year in the spring, but for some reason it isn't budging.
The seat lifts up on the right side but the left side its like something is holding in place. I've watched YouTube videos and nothing. What the heck???
I am out in Fairfax VA and ugh this is driving me crazy. I don't want to pay $125 to have it towed to HD Dealer.

Any advise....... Help
Tks,

Attached Thumbnails Help with seat/ battery 09' sportster-harley-dr.-side.jpg   Help with seat/ battery 09' sportster-harley-right-side.jpg  
Old 03-30-2015, 03:26 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibafox
I have a 09' sportster 1200XL Low. I am struggling with getting the seat off to remove the battery. The bike is clicking when I try to start it. The HD Dealer said its the battery to bring it in. Well I can not for the life of me get the seat off. I did it last year in the spring, but for some reason it isn't budging.
The seat lifts up on the right side but the left side its like something is holding in place. I've watched YouTube videos and nothing. What the heck???
I am out in Fairfax VA and ugh this is driving me crazy. I don't want to pay $125 to have it towed to HD Dealer.

Any advise....... Help
Tks,
Push/Slide the seat forward to disengage the hand strap bracket from the fixed anchor bolt (which are underneath the seat).

So after you remove the rear seat mounting tab bolt then grab that rear seat edge, put your other hand where your buttocks would sit and while pushing down, Push/Slide the seat (it will only move slightly) towards the front of the bike, then lift up after it is released.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Str8chuter
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issue when I replaced the OEM seat with a Corbin Genuine Stingray Leather Seat in 2014. Best seat I ever had, super comfortable and beautiful on the bike. I am always getting compliments on it.

Ride Safe - Ride Smart

"He Who Lives In Joy Does His Creator's Will".
The Baal Shem Tov, Founder of Chasidic Judaism... ca. 1750's