General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Smart Siren II Pager Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 AM
mooreto
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Siren II Pager Problem

I have the Smart Siren II with the pager. One problem I am having is the Range Conformation Signal stops blinking after about 2 hours but if the siren is activated the pager works fine. I have talked to my dealer and they don't know anything about these units. It is a pain because I have no idea if I am in range or not. Anyone else having this problem?[:@]

Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain
Default RE: Smart Siren II Pager Problem

I have not had this problem with mine but I also have not had my pager on for two hours yet... Try to test the system at home... Set the alarm and turn on pager... let stand for two hours never going out of range... after two hours or when pager light turns off test the unit by having someone move your bike. Maybe the pager lights turn off to save battery? Let me know your results.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:51 PM
HoggerCom
Intermediate

Same thing with mine. Almost 2 hours exactly.. it stops blinking.

And, strangely, after parking my bike in my garage, and hopping in my truck and driving miles down the highway, it still says I have a signal... which is obviously impossible.

Personally, I think the literature/instructions/advertising for this product is a bit misleading. That blinking light probaby means nothing except that it acknowledged your pager and bike together.

Anyway.. in conclusion, despite the documentation (my opinion):

If the light is blinking, it does NOT neccessarily mean your're in "communication" with your bike,

and if the light is NOT blinking, does NOT neccessarily mean you're NOT in communication.

It's a good product, but always be sure to lock your bike up securely with a chain and rotor lock, anyway, especially if you're going to be out of "view" of it.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Remote Pager Receiver II HD Part # 91660-06

On page 8 of the Operations Manual it states:

"In order to protect the power supply the security system will only broadcast the RCS ( Range Confirmation Signal) for one hour. The security system will remained armed, and will alert the pager in the event of a trigger if within range".

Old 04-15-2007, 03:01 AM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Soft06

Remote Pager Receiver II HD Part # 91660-06

On page 8 of the Operations Manual it states:

"In order to protect the power supply the security system will only broadcast the RCS ( Range Confirmation Signal) for one hour. The security system will remained armed, and will alert the pager in the event of a trigger if within range".
I thought I had read that myself somewhere... As for driving the truck down the road, I did that and called my wife... It did not work I was ove three mile away. I moved closer and myrange ended up to beabout one mile just as HD claimed...

Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM
L3ft2
Road Captain

I have a Thunderpage rpg-650 upgrade kit installed instead of the smart siren II. However, it is almost exactly the same. My manual states that for battery conservation it will stop sending the in-range signal to the pager after two hours. The motion detector and all still works after that time if set off.

There is a thread somewhere, that for $17 in parts you can increase the range of the smart siren to around 3 miles on the smart siren II.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
schuffyman
Advanced

I have a smart siren 2 alarm module and it was installed on a 2005 Ultra Classic until yesterday, I removed it from the 2005 model and installed it on my new 2008 Ultra Classic. I cannot figure out how to set it up for use on the new bike. I will tell you that it chirps when it arms but the Alarm does not sound when I move the bike. Does anyone have any instructions or know where I can find instructions onconfiguring the Smart Siren 2 for use on the 2008 model ultra. According to the parts dept. here locally it is the same part for both the 2005 and 2008 so that isn't an issue.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: mooreto

I have the Smart Siren II with the pager. One problem I am having is the Range Conformation Signal stops blinking after about 2 hours but if the siren is activated the pager works fine. I have talked to my dealer and they don't know anything about these units. It is a pain because I have no idea if I am in range or not. Anyone else having this problem?[:@]
It's supposed to shut down the In Range Signal after a certain amount of time to conserve the battery. It's in the manual.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
firematrix
Stage I

On the new smart siren 2 when you move the bike it will chirp the first two times it's moved, the alarm will sound on the third time it's moved. Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions I can have?