General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DISCONTINUING OF MODELS IN 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 06:03 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: DISCONTINUING OF MODELS IN 2008

As many as they discontinue they will add new ones to replace them. Maybe a new bagger RoadGlide Ultra???

Old 04-11-2007 | 06:08 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

I can't believe this thread has lasted this long. It was a BS post, it was posted in every section of HDF. Who ever posted it thought it was funny and we're all here discussing "is it true"[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Come on, are we really that bored...............well okay, maybe we are, but that's besides the point.

If it helps, I've already ordered off of the color charts, nonothing is being discontinued (except for the rumor of "one" model and that is still just a rumor). There are new colors, there is probably no new motor, no water cooled bike, no touring VRod(and I say probably because we really don't find out until the dealer show). The one bike that may be discontinued is actually still on the color chart list.

Last year in April we were told there were changes for 07, but we weren't told what. The day we found out was in July at the dealer show and you guys found out the same day, because Harley changed their website at the same time. They plan this very well and they don't make mistakes. They do not want us leaking information to anyone,sothe minute we find out, they have everything ready tochange the websites, start the advertising, etc.

Old 04-11-2007 | 09:42 PM
Jovimon
Road Captain

Yes this thread is still alive because people like you can't believe the truth, Harley WILL kill off these bikes! It's a done deal! I spent 4 hrs. today ordering new '08 motorcycle for July, August and Sept. delivery and those models are not included. BUT look for some big changes for some other models!

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:18 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member

Unless your a troll, you do not have permishion to start such sh** with only 21 posts. Oh, andin case you didn't know, the boys & girls here will see right through any crap you throw out...like this.[:'(]

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:47 AM
akenaten
Banned

Of course the XL50 won't be offered in 08. Then it would'nt be 50 years old . Would it?

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:50 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: fireballin03

WELL WELL WELL, AS OF COUPLE OF DAYS AGO HARLEY DAVIDSON ANNOUNCED TO ALL OF ITS DEALERS IT WILL BE DISCONTINUING THE FXDWG, FXST,FXSTD,FLSTSC,FLHRS, XL883R,VRSCR, AS WELL THE 1 YEAR PRODUCTION OF THE VRSCX AND THE XL50. WERE ALL WONDERING WHY THEY GOT RID OF SOME OF THESE MODELS, BUT SOME WERNT A BIG SELLER! ! !
Translation:

Dear employees of my dealership, I have attempted to make a go of a very profitable bussiness with idiots and have now found I can't afford to stock those models for the upcoming riding season.
Unless things turn around soon, you all should be asking for applications at McDonalds.
I don't care who you are, thats funny![sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-12-2007 | 12:58 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: akenaten

Of course the XL50 won't be offered in 08. Then it would'nt be 50 years old . Would it?
About time someone noticed that

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:44 AM
g money
Account Retired

http://www.denneysharleydavidson.com...inanceapp2.asp

Check it out!
Scroll down to mid-page.

Old 04-12-2007 | 04:12 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: g money

http://www.denneysharleydavidson.com...inanceapp2.asp

Check it out!
Scroll down to mid-page.

Thanks g money............and Jovimon you were right (hey, I'll admit when I'm wrong). Now my question is, why have we not gotten this information up here in Canada yet? I mean, yes we run a month behind the U.S. when it comes to model year (we get our models in late August, you get yours in July), but we've already ordered bikes for 2008 and there has been no mention of this. As some of you know, we don't deal directly with Harley, but with Deeley's (the Canadian distributor for Harley, for those that don't know) out of Vancouver. Deeley's is notoriously tight lipped, but this is ridiculous, like I said, we’ve already ordered bikes. Some of these bikes will be collectors items for sure, get them while you can.

Old 04-12-2007 | 10:27 AM
stevegray
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Sam

ORIGINAL: akenaten

About time someone noticed that
Yeah I did, 10 posts ago.

Quick Reply: DISCONTINUING OF MODELS IN 2008