Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who belongs to a HOG Chapter and Why??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Who belongs to a HOG Chapter and Why??

Both National and the Yuma AZ chapter. Don't get to go on the diner rides since I live 100 miles from Yuma, but I attend the meetings and as many of the rides as I can. Nice bunch of people that lke to ride.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Pompton Plains HOG. We're based at Kosco H-D in Kinnelon. I'm only going into my second year with this chapter and did not get many chances to participate much last year. But so far, so good. Seems like a great group of people. I like the way HOG chapters get involved with the local community. We did a blood drive last October at Kosco and the NJ Blood Center exceeded their goal that day. They actually had to turn people away by the end of the day. A group of us are going down to Picsataway togetherto take the ERC in May. The folks at Kosco H-D are all cool people.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Lisaaahhh
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that I really enjoy our local HOG meetings. Sorry! But it's true.

We have carry-in's once a month, rides or get-togetherstwice a week or more, and numerous fundraisers & events, which we greatly enjoy. I know the social aspect of this affiliation isn't for everyone, and that's fine, but we truly enjoy it. The kids havea blast at every function, even if it's just at the dealership & all they do is run up & down the stairs with other kids & drink pop.

Maybe we have a particularly stong HOG chapter, but I have to say that the established members are just as enthusiastic as the new members, and we felt completely welcome from Day One. I see no evidence of cliques, but plenty of crusty ol' toothless guys mingling with HD-ownin' Car Dealership Magnates, etc. The bike ridin' chicks welcomed me with open arms, and the my OM was equally embraced by established HOG veterans. I see no problems here.

Discounts shmiscounts. You get from it what you put into it.We have a fun group of MC-ridin' enthusiasts who want to share the fun. Kinda like this forum when people aren't all cranky! Haha.

Works for me!!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
keninnj
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Lisaaahhh

I have to say that I really enjoy our local HOG meetings. Sorry! But it's true.

We have carry-in's once a month, rides or get-togetherstwice a week or more, and numerous fundraisers & events, which we greatly enjoy. I know the social aspect of this affiliation isn't for everyone, and that's fine, but we truly enjoy it. The kids havea blast at every function, even if it's just at the dealership & all they do is run up & down the stairs with other kids & drink pop.

Maybe we have a particularly stong HOG chapter, but I have to say that the established members are just as enthusiastic as the new members, and we felt completely welcome from Day One. I see no evidence of cliques, but plenty of crusty ol' toothless guys mingling with HD-ownin' Car Dealership Magnates, etc. The bike ridin' chicks welcomed me with open arms, and the my OM was equally embraced by established HOG veterans. I see no problems here.

Discounts shmiscounts. You get from it what you put into it.We have a fun group of MC-ridin' enthusiasts who want to share the fun. Kinda like this forum when people aren't all cranky! Haha.

Works for me!!

Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Phoenix HOG Chapter 93.

Webmaster. They ride a lot and I wish I had more time available to ride with them more often.

Great bunch of guys and ladies.

Speaking of discounts. My National HOG card gave me a discount at
Dudley Perkins in San Francisco and a free T shirt for spending over $100.00. Real close to Pier 39.

2595 Taylor Street
at North Point
San Francisco, CA 94133

Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing at all wrong with HOG, agood bunch of people and they raise a lot of money for charity. I get my membership paid by the shop because they require us to be members (makes sense), but I just don't have the time to ride with them that much.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:23 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Guadalajara
MEXICO
Chapter

Mimo.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Noride
Tourer

HOG member but only because the membership is a "perk" that comes with the new bike. I enjoy riding in groups but only if I know the riders and their good and bad motorcycling habits.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OZ Chapter here also,,, Great bunch of People..