General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who belongs to a HOG Chapter and Why??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:09 AM
Smitty0128
Road Master
Default RE: Who belongs to a HOG Chapter and Why??

national only right now.

I will be joining a local this summer for "discounts" mainly. They do a have a few rides I am interested in attending too.

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:14 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain

Macon Hog here and a Road Captain. Nice people and a good place to ride and have a good time.. Not a real bar nut and this suits me. The other half is also member and it works great for us.. I found that it is one way to meet people of the same interest..

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:30 AM
BERRYP
Tourer

National only right now...dealer signed us up for the local but have not been yet.

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:49 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior

Webmaster for the Windy City HOG. I've met some great people and if the weather ever breaks we might get to ride this year!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:56 AM
NYNickET
Road Captain

In NY you have to me a National member in order to be a local chapter member . . . that's the same everywhere yes?

So I am both National and NYC local. I do not have a vest (colors) yet. I do have several NYC t-shirts. fer now I like the local meetings and hearing stories.

Always enjoyed camaraderie

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:06 AM
Smoky
Advanced

No clicky groups for me either. I dont like tying my riding to others. Do NOT like riding in groups for many reasons as well. Been an IB (independant biker) for over 30 years. I do belong to the national for the road service in case of unexpected disaster, plus priviledges at events that I may choose to attend. I do enjoy the HogTales mag as well even though it is a female editor. I do wish they would alter the Mag a little and get away from the female oriented view, but that is another topic in itself. Used to do the AAA RV plus but dropped them do to their attitudes and banning of legal carry in the AAA shops. KInd of a principle with me concerning Concealed Carry.

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:09 AM
f4mechusmc
Banned

National and Lancaster, Pa local. Have not gone on any rides with them yet because of work schedule.

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:41 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

National only,local chapter too clicky for me.

Old 04-10-2007 | 11:19 AM
dert
Road Master

Natl.only...locals dont do anything but go on breakfast and supper runs,a few miles and no charity stuff...pretty arrogant bunch.

Old 04-10-2007 | 11:41 AM
rvisdew
Road Master

Member of Black Mtn Chapter and the SoNev Chapter. Both have a great bunch of folks. Do charities, days runs, overnighters, dinner meets ... wow ... Being with these groups have changed our lives to the better (the way better) ...

Our first Harley was purchased in 2005 and the Chapter weened us in and helped us learn the ins-and-outs of group riding. The Chapter was there when we had our first mechanical problem and got us on our way.

I have a lot of respect for all our members.

Even if we can't find a Chapter ride for the weekend, a bunch of us share emails and ride on our own ... some wear their Blk Mtn patch and some wear their SoNev patch ... nice ....

I would do this over and over again ... glad to be a Chapter member (can you tell?). I only wish I had started 5 years earlier.

-

Quick Reply: Who belongs to a HOG Chapter and Why??