General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014 | 06:39 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Don81
High costs of realestate I can see leveraging. How exactly does one put high tax rates to work as an investment tool?

EDIT: Or maybe you mean you see the cost as the price of admission?

You don't. High taxes are the enemy of investment. The high cost is the price of admission.

I have friends that got out of CA and moved to Tennessee for 10 years. In CA they owned a successful trucking business, a house on five acres and were set. They came back from Tennessee on their 97 Softail and moved into a trailer park. They went completely broke there.

I know auto techs and service advisors in new car dealers that are pulling down 125K a year.

Another old motocross friend that retired yesterday at 58. Worked for Plantronics in Santa Cruz for 20 years. If I had his money, I'd throw mine away. It is easy to get rich here because there is so much opportunity. Just like lane splitting, you just have to pay for the privilege.

Old 10-03-2014 | 07:10 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member

You guys that **** on California crack me up. Life can suck anywhere. Just make the best outta what ya got. Ive been self employed in this state since I was about 20 and I dont give 2 ***** about the politics. I just work with the rules and government BS and keep plugging away, the grass isnt always greener. Hell, 80% of my construction contracts are for the government. BTW its 85 degrees and sunny, I plan on riding all weekend (between the outdoor concerts that is)

Old 10-03-2014 | 07:15 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah, lane splitting should be legal everywhere...

If you're not comfortable doing it, then don't...

Just don't fck with those who DO utilize the benefits...

Old 10-04-2014 | 12:00 PM
caberto
Road Master

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Yeah, lane splitting should be legal everywhere...

If you're not comfortable doing it, then don't...

Just don't fck with those who DO utilize the benefits...
Best post of the thread!

Old 10-04-2014 | 03:10 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

So we have a bunch of people here who would rather get rear-ended just because California has a way to prevent getting rear-ended.

We have some people here who are so intelligent it makes me wonder how they ended up with a Harley Davidson. Evidently, buying a Harley Davidson isn't as intelligent as I thought it was. I guess I have to consider that it's a bandwagon-jumping thing. Join everybody around you that hates California and like Harleys.

Freedom. United by independents. Just like the commercials played them.

Old 10-04-2014 | 06:31 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
So we have a bunch of people here who would rather get rear-ended just because California has a way to prevent getting rear-ended.

We have some people here who are so intelligent it makes me wonder how they ended up with a Harley Davidson. Evidently, buying a Harley Davidson isn't as intelligent as I thought it was. I guess I have to consider that it's a bandwagon-jumping thing. Join everybody around you that hates California and like Harleys.

Freedom. United by independents. Just like the commercials played them.

I have no idea where you came up with that. I don't know but I'm willing to bet people in CA still get rear ended from time to time.

Old 10-04-2014 | 07:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I have no idea where you came up with that. I don't know but I'm willing to bet people in CA still get rear ended from time to time.

Sure there are, the ones who don't lane split

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 10-04-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2014 | 08:42 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
SUre there are, the ones who don't lane split

LMAO !!

Old 10-04-2014 | 08:45 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

What are the rules for lane splitting? I've heard you can only be going a certain speed (15mph) above the flow of traffic. I would assume it is only allowed if the flow of traffic is either stopped or going very slow...?

Old 10-04-2014 | 10:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
What are the rules for lane splitting? I've heard you can only be going a certain speed (15mph) above the flow of traffic. I would assume it is only allowed if the flow of traffic is either stopped or going very slow...?
Do a little reading back in the beginning of this thread the CHP on line guidelines for lane sharing were posted a few times.

Quick Reply: Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?