General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014 | 01:26 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by dribble
It may surprise you to know that a good many Californians (possibly even a majority) are pro gun. That there are gun shops and shooting ranges everywhere and gun ads listing assault weapons in all the newspapers every Thursday. And yes we are one of ten states with a waiting period and have some other ridiculous restrictions but the Pro Gun lobby is alive and well here.
Even Dianne Feinstein?????? LOL

Old 10-01-2014 | 01:32 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Even Dianne Feinstein?????? LOL
Yeah, the gun ranges need to sell targets with her face on them.....

Old 10-01-2014 | 01:36 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley Hound57
Too bad you don't know what you are talking about.
Most of these yahoos get their image of California from the intellectual giants at Fox News and have never set foot here. Funny thing is, Californians don't obsess about any other states like many do ours. We have no reason to be that bitter.

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:02 PM
m6zero
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Harley Hound57
Too bad you don't know what you are talking about.
Yep, too bad.

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:03 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by rjg883c
How is that possible? The second amendment clearly doesn't mention a 'waiting period', or any restrictions?
Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
That's what a Federal Judge just said. We'll see.

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:37 PM
Redsauce
Cruiser

Originally Posted by m6zero
Yes. A lot of motorpolice out here even ride in stacks on the freeway. I've done it in both small and large groups pushing ~75 on the freeway without an issue. Personally, though, if I don't have to, I'd rather have my space so I don't have to pay attention to hugging the line. We don't ride in stacks in narrow lanes or when we get into the twisties, though. That's just asking for trouble.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe in the state of California, you are not allowed to ride tandem. You can ride in groups, but you need to be in staggered formation.

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:43 PM
proraptor
Tourer

Originally Posted by Redsauce
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe in the state of California, you are not allowed to ride tandem. You can ride in groups, but you need to be in staggered formation.
We ride tandem all the time with no problems....Cops do it all the time too

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:47 PM
Redsauce
Cruiser

Yeah, I see cops doing it all the time as well. I see them do a lot of stuff that civilians would get cited for. All the runs I have been on so far, the formations have always been staggered. Good to know though.

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:48 PM
proraptor
Tourer

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Most of these yahoos get their image of California from the intellectual giants at Fox News and have never set foot here. Funny thing is, Californians don't obsess about any other states like many do ours. We have no reason to be that bitter.

I obsess about other states on a daily basis.....The only thing california has going for it is weather and lane splitting.

It isnt the dream boat place to live like everyone thinks....With the pollution, illegal immigrants running around everywhere with no one doing anything about it, the retarded gun laws, the corrupt politics, and the business killing tactics I really dont know if this is a place where I want to raise my coming child.

The only thing keeping me here is family......

Old 10-01-2014 | 02:49 PM
proraptor
Tourer

Originally Posted by Redsauce
Yeah, I see cops doing it all the time as well. I see them do a lot of stuff that civilians would get cited for. All the runs I have been on so far, the formations have always been staggered. Is that for safety reasons?
Most likely....Mc's almost always run side by side out here.Ive never heard of anyone getting flak for it either

Quick Reply: Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?