General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014 | 08:49 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Kevinch
In a word: No.

I own my spot in my lane from edge-to-edge whether I'm in my car or on my bike & you have no right to any part of it.

When riding my bike, I have no intention on sharing my spot in the lane with a cage, & the same goes when I'm in my cage.
You don't own crap.

Old 09-15-2014 | 08:51 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member

I own my spot in my lane from edge-to-edge whether I'm in my car or on my bike & you have no right to any part of it.

When riding my bike, I have no intention on sharing my spot in the lane with a cage, & the same goes when I'm in my cage.
Please provide the deed to "your" property. I never knew you can buy your own personal lane

Old 09-15-2014 | 09:01 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

I've lane split passed lot's of guys like you...You don't own the lane and you can't prevent me from doing it.
Y'all, all get the same sourpuss look on your faces when it happens though, That makes it entertaining for me.

Old 09-15-2014 | 09:47 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master

Originally Posted by JustDave13
You don't own crap.

Old 09-15-2014 | 09:52 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Ego is such a small word............ I just love dicking with pinched face bozo's like you on the road.

Old 09-15-2014 | 11:23 AM
Juggerpops
Tourer

Originally Posted by upflying
Opening a door into traffic is illegal in Ca.

yes it is assault with intent to cause bodily harm. or assault with deadly weapon (motor vehicle is considered deadly weapon)

felony and maybe jail time.

try explaining to the DA why you opened your door in traffic. I don't think I didn't see the motorcycle coming wont cut it.

Old 09-15-2014 | 11:34 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
In 2002, road construction on I90 east of Sturgis backed up traffic for miles at the end of ralleye week. Hundreds, if not thousands of bikers, rode on the right shoulder of the interstate, passing hundreds of cars, rather than get caught in that traffic jam. The cops just watched us go by. Maybe because there were too many to stop (?)
The Same reason 911 does not dispatch shots fired calls at 12am on 12/31, and as was explained to me by a local traffic officer if everyone in Tulsa decide to drive 100mph on the interstate at the same time they could only sit back and watch. There's a tipping point that gets reached and the momentum can't be stopped.

Old 09-15-2014 | 12:21 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dan conner
absolutely not, wait your turn in line like everyone else. you have done nothing to deserve special privileges. now if the state wanted to charge $1,000 a year to split lanes, and you went thru a special class and had a decal on your bike to show that you were paying for the privilege...that should be fine with the majority of the motoring public. then it would be more like a toll road--where you pay to drive on less crowded roadways and get to your destination quicker.
I didn't read through all the posts, but You've got to be kidding right?!?

I think everyone should be able to lane split. Aside from that, I have no problem with those that believe nobody should(they have the same right to their opinion as I). But to state something like "no, they should wait in line like everyone else" followed by "unless they pay for the privilege." is so filled with hypocrisy.

What is your reason for not letting them lane split? What makes that change when money is brought into the equation, especially when the money doesn't go in your pocket or the cagers pocket, therefore not benefiting you or the cagers? How does money being paid but not going into a cagers pocket, change that right of a cager to not have someone cut in front of them?

How about charging people for air to breathe. How about charging people in cages for the right to not be lane split upon. Yeah, we can charge bikers for a sticker that lets them lane split and also charge cagers for a sticker that shows bikers can't lane split them.

I just don't understand the mentality of your post.

Old 09-15-2014 | 12:44 PM
silent1
Road Warrior

I paid the same taxes as you did. Maybe you're in MY spot in the lane. At any rate, I'll blow past you as I see fit, and there's nothing you can about it.

Thanks for the laugh today.

Old 09-15-2014 | 12:47 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Wrong. I own the pavement it's on. You're just renting the space you've placed your personal property on.

You haven't sent in your rent check to me. Until you do, you're going to have to share.

Quick Reply: Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?