General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:13 PM
m6zero
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
It's illegal where I live too....So what? You never did anything illegal before?

You ever split lanes.....on WEED?!

Edit: Hold on, I have to let all the ones who are going to have a bitch fit know I was joking. I don't split lanes on weed.

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:16 PM
ngshop
Road Master

m6zero here is your mikelikesbikes dump truck episode.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...-a-weapon.html

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:18 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by m6zero
You ever split lanes.....on WEED?!

Edit: Hold on, I have to let all the ones who are going to have a bitch fit know I was joking. I don't split lanes on weed.

I don't smoke weed, or drink....But some of these guys probably should.

Bunch'a tightasses.

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:26 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

Yes

Why argue against something you neither understand and will never experience.

Sounds just like non riders telling us how dangerous bikes are.

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:37 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Absolutely not. Try it in Chicago and see how long you last.

It is not a legal written law in ANY state. It is tolerated in only about two west coast states.

It would be an exceptionally difficult law to word to avoid decades of precedence.

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Holy dipped in stupid Batman !! Looky at all the haters in here Only reasons I can see you no go types have for not wanting it is ; low testosterone, small to nonexistent nads or outright ignorance. Never read such a small minded misinformed load of crap till this thread. Why not lane share ? Haven't read a legitimate reason in here yet , just everybodies prejudices and fears.

Oh you types who can't stand the thought of somebody going around you ? Enjoy the view of my taillight you will be seeing it legal or not

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:43 PM
m6zero
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ngshop
m6zero here is your mikelikesbikes dump truck episode.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...-a-weapon.html

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:47 PM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master

I was in Japan not too long ago. Not only is lane sharing legal there, but so is riding on the shoulders. Another aspect I found interesting in Japan, if there is an accident with a motorcycle sharing, it is the fault of the Car/truck driver.

If you want to really enjoy sharing lanes, you really have to do it behind a CHP motorcycle cop. Cars make room and part like the Red Sea when the drivers realize it is a CHP motorcycle.

As other posters stated above, most cars slide over a little bit to provide the extra room to allow motorcycles to pass. Usually(there are a few self appointed traffic enforcers)the only folks I have problems with have out of state plates on their vehicles. Lot of out of state drivers in the military stationed out here that don't know the traffic rules.

I was in Pennsylvania recently, and when a bike went by and the rider did not have a helmet on, my first thought was holy crap, that guy forgot to put on a helmet! Then I realized they don't have helmet laws there. I did not get freaking jumping up and down mad. Didn't tell anyone how unbelievably unsafe that was. I did not start a movement to change the helmet laws there. And I did not go on the internet and rant and rave about how unsafe it is to ride without helmet. (I have been riding with a helmet for so many years, even if the law changed I would probably continue to wear it.) To me it is like wearing a hard hat, hearing protection, or steel toes at work.

Don't hate on California because you live with and have to share the road with a bunch of ignorant, self-righteous, self adsorbed hillbillies.

Last edited by Rick's Ultra; 09-11-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2014 | 09:47 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

Here's the real scoop on CA lane splitting statistics. It doesn't look bad until you read the little additions under each....
You have a partial scoop.

Notice anything about rear-end collisions or injuries ?

Don't stick your dick in a fan, and don't stick it in a woman. I hear it causes heart attacks and STDs. That's dangerous, isn't it ?

You can't take too many chances or be too safe. In fact, it might just be safer not to ride a motorcycle at all, because Death or Serious Injury could result, according to the manufacturer. And who woukd know best ?

Old 09-11-2014 | 09:48 PM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

It should be legal but not compulsory, so those who wan to can and those who do not want to don't have to.

If it was legal and motorists were educated about it then no drama.

Lane splitting works if done properly.

Quick Reply: Splitting Lanes: Should it be Legal Everywhere?