General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Blue Tooth earbuds fitting under helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:29 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan28
Here it is in my helmet.
That looks like an Origine Sprint. Is it? If so, what do you think of it?

Old 08-17-2014, 07:07 PM
scarletfever
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great responses. I was not familiar with the Sena system. Looks pretty cool, but not sure of the price.

In the interim I happened to talk to a friend of mine who's a farmer (pretty practical, ya know!). He's been using LG Bluetooth earbuds (Model HBS-730). I ordered a pair from Amazon for $44. They are paired to my iPhone which has my iTunes on it, along with SiriusXM radio and iHeart Radio apps. The the Blue Tooth eceiver and controls mechanism hangs around your neck with the earbuds themselves connected to the neck thing by two fine wires that easily fit up into the helmet when its on your head. The buds fit flush into my ears so no problem putting the helmet on over the ears with the buds in. With the controls accessible around my neck hanging below the helmet I can adjust volume and even answer the phone. The LG's just came yesterday so have not tried them on a ride yet, but am anxious to do so. If they don't work I'll be looking into the Sena's.
Thanks!!