General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer situation, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Dealer situation, what would you do?

This would be very simple for me. Get me a new fender from the MOCO. If they don't have them in stock, order one and call me when it comes in. If this guy told me he was going to put some fender tip to cover it, I would have snapped! Stand your groud and get what you want.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, a new fender is in order. Tell them they can take a fender off another bike (with the matching color of course)and have your damaged fender repainted and put on that bike. If they have so much confidence in their painter it shouldn't be a big deal to them. That way you get a new fender promptly and they can deal with selling the touched up fender on a new bike.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happened to my brother on his SG which is same color as yours. They replaced fender. Had to order it but put it on when it came in.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

or do they have anothe SG on the floor they can swap the fender out.or have them order a new one.you can still ride and when the fender comes in the change it for you

Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
RageAndMachine
Road Master

I just called the dealer, they dont open for another 20 minutes....so i will keep you all posted. Im not gonna settle for anything less then a new fender.

And as far as rescinding the deal, i paid cash for this bike about 2 weeks ago, and im having a ton of sh*t done to it, so thats why its still there. so i own it, making me S.O.L. as far asusing backing out of the deal for leverage.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stay cool.they say you can get more bee's with honey than with vinegar

Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: RageAndMachine

I just called the dealer, they dont open for another 20 minutes....so i will keep you all posted. Im not gonna settle for anything less then a new fender.
Another piece of unsolicited free advice to ANYONE having any form of difficulty/problem resolution with their dealer - DON'T CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Take the time and effort necessary to go down there in person; each and every time! When matters of a sensitive nature are involved, placing a phone call puts you at an immediate disadvantage! Hell, if possible, I'd be there waiting for them to open. Again, just my take on the deal. Good luck to you.

You may now proceed with your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Jambo
Banned

In Illinois,you don't own the bike till you take delivery.I'd check,if you never took it off their property,you aren't an owner yet.Also there is no right of recision law here(3 day thing).

Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a good idea. Good thinking!

ORIGINAL: jerseyjeff62

or do they have anothe SG on the floor they can swap the fender out.or have them order a new one.you can still ride and when the fender comes in the change it for you

Old 04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
RageAndMachine
Road Master

TxHarley, GREAT advice, I totally agree with you on the mono to mono thing,unfortunatley my job would not permit that today.......but hey..I HAVE AN UPDATE!

Let me first start by saying that Capitol City Harley Davidson in Madison Wisconsin is the BEST HD dealer in the country, im not sh*ting you. These guys are THE most customer oriented folks i have ever dealt with when buying anything, car, TV or ortherwise. It's almost over kill...really.

The manager calls me back, I get about 30 seconds into the "I dropped 24 large for a bike with factory paint, and I want that bike to leave the dealerwith factory paint" when he interupts me and says, "I will order you a new fender, and I understand, and I hadnt even asked forthat yet. ZHe says, I will order it today and get back to you on when it will come in. Sorry about this all he says, we just want you to be happy."

And im like, OKAY! Now, I have purchased 3 bikes in the last 4 years (long story, dont ask), and even tho someone in the shop messed up (sh*t happens), how they handled this situation is text book the way it SHOULD be done. There is NO dought in my mind where I will buy my next bike. Now as a result, here i am on a web forum telling everyone how great they are.....and will tell all of my buddies who also ride the same thing.....see how this works? Ya see people, im the type of guy who doesnt even mind paying a little extra for good customer service, and for some who works hard to make me..the customer, a repeat customer no less happy. The manager at this dealer actually gets it!! I cant understand how all dealers and even the MOCOsometimes,dont grasp that concept. Im just happy my local hd dealer does.

thanks for all your very good advice.

out.

Quick Reply: Dealer situation, what would you do?