General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you ride a bike you know...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: If you ride a bike you know...

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

Birds that dine on mulberries. [:@]
[sm=exactly.gif] Seems like every time I get a new bike, it gets mulberried within a week. [:'(]

Old 04-09-2007, 07:52 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last I heard motorcycles stop much quicker than most other vehicles. I hate being tailgated by cagers who don't realize this, and ride your azz all the time. I don't want to become someone's personal speed bump! And personally I feel all cagers who yap on their cellphones while driving should be shot execution style. Why this hasn't been made illegal EVERYWHERE is beyond me. [:@]

Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 AM
wrenchff1098
Tourer

I agree with NYNick and I look out for bikes when I have to be caged

Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 AM
timdow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to agree about the cell phone thing... or eating, or reading or whatever takes the drivers concentration from where it should be. It is hard to believe that driving with cell phones is still legal in most states.

Also believe that drivers need more training that they are getting in the US. Most don't know the rules of the road, and take driving for granted.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 AM
bosnmate
Banned

Well, everything that is being gripped about can be avoided if we just use proper defensive driving skills. I don't believe in accidents only negligence. I have never been in a negligent collision that wasn't avoidable if only I was paying better attention to my surroundings. I have been in six bad accidents, four as a cop and two as a civillian. Four of the six I was hit the other two I hit them.

1. Move out of the way of tailgaters when possible.
2. Make sure you always have an escape route.
3. Continually watch your mirrors.
4. Watch and anticipate what other riders/cagers are doing around you.
5. Watch for the non signaled lane change. Even them are signaled if you are paying attention to the driver.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:41 AM
dragonfiregirl
Cruiser

well my boyfriend thinks the interstate is a racetrack, great place to use that race tuner he had installed on his buell. weaving in and out of traffic, lane splitting, running over 100mph in spots. i dont have the guts to ride like that but then because im a girl noone expects me to.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: dragonfiregirl

well my boyfriend thinks the interstate is a racetrack, great place to use that race tuner he had installed on his buell. weaving in and out of traffic, lane splitting, running over 100mph in spots. i dont have the guts to ride like that but then because im a girl noone expects me to.
[:'(][:'(][:'(]if you see my original post it is NOT a great place to use that race tuner he had installed on his buell. [sm=badidea.gif] if your bf wants to be irresponsible and take himself out [sm=GrowUp.gif]thats cool but don't think about endangering me or the lives of innocent others.[:@] and you don't have to be a girl to be called stupid! if you ever get married to this guy and have some brains left - get the life insurance policy.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:49 PM
defenderp
Cruiser

- get the life insurance policy.
yeah, a REAL BIG one....

Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer

Sorry, but it's not guts that are necessary to ride like that. It's a total lack of regard for your own safety and everyone sharing the road with you. Tell your bf that if he thinks he's fast he should join a road racing club and get out on the track where the conditions are controlled and everyone is going in the same direction. He can find out how fast he really is and also have a sporting chance at staying alive. Riding like that on the road is a death wish, IMHO.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that riding a bike has made me more aware of stuff even when I'm driving my truck. So now I don't call home while I'm eating lunch or shave in the morning going to work. I make sure my turn signal fluid is full and drink my coffee "hands free" with a straw so I can keep one knee on the wheel at all times. I found this to be helpful, I can read the entire newspaper and do the crossword puzzle by the time I'm off the interstate.

Quick Reply: If you ride a bike you know...