General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Legion Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 AM
raptor350
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Legion Riders

Just curious as to how many here are ALR members and from what state, city and post #.

I'll start.......Yep, I'm an ALR memeber from Indiana, Orland (very North/Eastcorner)post 423.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: American Legion Riders

Old 04-06-2007, 01:14 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: seniorquinn

I just received the info from post 49 here in SW Mich. My DW Sandra and I rode with this post last year and was dissapointed that I couldn't join cause I'm not a Vet. I am pleased to know they have relaxed their rules and are now letting non-post members join the Riders club. I had such a great time with these responsible riders last memorial weekend and am looking forward to joining them in the near future. My bro was a VN Vet and my two youngest sons both were in the Navy. I wish they would let family but thosewho are not vets join. Ya have to earn your stripes and I respect that. Thank you to all who served and GBY.
Doug
I just checked their website. You have to be a member of the Legion, the Auxiliary, or Sons of the American Legion. If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you join the Patriot Guard Riders (PGR) (www.patriotguard.org). I imagine they may attend similar events. I think PGR was started by some American Legion Riders.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
LazyLion
Intermediate

Check into the Sons of the American Legion. I would believe that you can join them as a result of any one of the family members you have that have served. Although I am a vet. I did not serve during any years of conflict. I have been a member of the SAL for many years based on my Grandfather's participation inWW1. My wife just joined the Legion Auxillary based on her Grandfather's participation in the same war. She could have joined in the name of her son, who is currently in the Airforce, but he wasn't a member. He is now.

My wife and I have looked into the Legion Riders, but our lives are kind of busy with work, family, our Legion post (who are not the ALR hosts in our area) and HOG. Maybe sometime down the road.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alr charter member here post 154 bettendorf ia, www.americanlegionrider.com

Old 04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ALR Post 400, Topeka, Ks.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
texas tom
Tourer

ALR Post 516 fort worth texas..

Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: LazyLion

Although I am a vet. I did not serve during any years of conflict. I have been a member of the SAL for many years based on my Grandfather's participation inWW1.
To join the Legion you just have to have served honorably. It's the VFW that requires service during time of conflict.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

Wisconsin Post #6 - Just short of 40 continuous years to this post. I'm not a participating member, just a supporter, financially...

Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
johndeere58
Advanced

"To join the Legion you just have to have served honorably. It's the VFW that requires service during time of conflict."

That is not true....You must have served during certain dates to join the legion.....I know its not right but that is the way it is..........I spent 4 years on a destroyer and cannot join....miss it by 10 months.....

Quick Reply: American Legion Riders