General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Legion Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Legion Riders

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

Yup.

Since posting this, I have spoken to the ALR Pres, and he was p/o'd about the way the meeting was basically stuffed down his throat. Apparently, it was scheduled w/o his approval.
CSI, we in Georgia are having the same problem as well. We wear the center AL patch with a rocker above it that says either "Member" or "Charter Member", then the AL Patch and a rocker under it that says "Georgia Post 251". All three patches are pushed together with no seperation, the only way you can tell it is three pieces is to look closely at it. Anyway, the Outlaws gave us three weeks to remove the top rocker from our vests.

Personally I think these Outlaws and Hells Angles take this cr*p a little to seriously.I understand the territory stuff, but if these people who run big MC's and really looked at the ALR they would see that the American Legion Riders are of absolutely no threat to them what so ever and never would be a threat to them. I for one want nothing at all to do with their choice of life style, it isn't for me. I like the ALR because it allows me to be with fellow service members who are brothers and sisters and who like to ride on motorcycles, period.

If the 1% clubs would really look at the ALR they would see that we are nothing like a MC. We don't hang around, prospect, probate or patch in. We even allow females to be full fledged, bike riding and office holding members. Now, this is quite different than an MC. I would go so far as to say that the ALR doesn't even qualify as a Riding Club, we are more like a loosely organized riding group.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
y2k king
Cruiser

i'd join alr, but there isn't one near here.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
bosnmate
Banned

Y2K, start one yourself. It isn't hard to do. Get with your Post Commander and look into it.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

. . . Anyway, the Outlaws gave us three weeks to remove the top rocker from our vests.. . .
Now THAT is ridiculous!