General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hollister rally !

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014 | 10:20 PM
cdonis
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Hollister rally !

Annual Hollister rally this weekend. Heading out early in the morning to check this one out. I think its the 67th annual, so it should be pretty crazy. Its my first time going, but it should be a blast. Ill update in a day or so when I get home.

Old 07-04-2014 | 10:34 PM
TO34
Road Warrior

I'm not one to normally do this, but due to my employer I will not be able to join you for the rally. Instead I'll be cussing you under my breath because I know you'll be having a great time.

It is a blast but be careful with the speed.... tons & tons of law enforcement.

Old 07-04-2014 | 10:43 PM
cdonis
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TO34
I'm not one to normally do this, but due to my employer I will not be able to join you for the rally. Instead I'll be cussing you under my breath because I know you'll be having a great time.

It is a blast but be careful with the speed.... tons & tons of law enforcement.
Will do, and thank you for your service! Enjoy the weekend !

Old 07-05-2014 | 09:37 AM
Cmdixon
Advanced
Default Hollister rally

I got to meet Sonny Barger at the rally yesterday. He signed a tee shirt and got a picture with him. Must have been 50,000 bikes there. Amazing experience for my first rally

Old 07-05-2014 | 01:49 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cmdixon
I got to meet Sonny Barger at the rally yesterday. He signed a tee shirt and got a picture with him. Must have been 50,000 bikes there. Amazing experience for my first rally
That'd be a dream cone true for me. You need to post the picture.

Old 07-05-2014 | 02:00 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cdonis
Annual Hollister rally this weekend. Heading out early in the morning to check this one out. I think its the 67th annual, so it should be pretty crazy. Its my first time going, but it should be a blast. Ill update in a day or so when I get home.
Hollister California??? 67th annual??? When I left that place 25 years ago it was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Has it changed that much? It was better known for the vintage planes that flew there. Ridgerunner being the best in my book but he had a buddy that flew a pale green Aussie plane called Seafury I think. Loved to watch those two buzz the airport. But bike rally??? There really wasn't one back then. A parade but that was it.

Old 07-05-2014 | 02:35 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior

It's a corporate owned event now. The city is in on it too with lot's of law enforcement (as mentioned before). It is put on to generate revenue and it seems to be working. 25 years ago, I think it was more of a "just show up" kind of thing. Way different now, like a lot of things.

Old 07-05-2014 | 02:46 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

Did Corbin have a hand in the change? I heard they moved over from the coast since I left.

Old 07-05-2014 | 02:53 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior

Oh yeah! Corbin somewhat kept it going with their "Rider Appreciations Days" during the years when the city tried to cancel it.

Old 07-05-2014 | 05:01 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

From many things I've read Corbin had a ton to do with it. When the city canceled it he kept doing a "mini" rally (Customer App.). Once they got a different Chief of Police (I believe) they were able to do it again. It is the "Birthplace of the American Biker", so it only makes sense they have it.
I wish I was able to make it.

Quick Reply: Hollister rally !